Black Metal.

anyone heard the new ceremonial castings "salem 1692" yet? i'm gonna give it a spin in a bit and i have really high hopes for it.

Oh sweet man! That's awesome dude

If you know where Hogue Barmichaels is in Newport, my band is playing with a bunch of other metal bands on the 26th of june, if you are interested

oh yeah I've been there. My friend's band played there once

awesome band! :kickass:

the new Odal is out, but not in the states, cant wait though :kickass:

sweet...Wilde Kraft is an excellent album. I'm eager to hear this

Any opinions on the U.K. BM scene? I refer to bands such as Iceni, Extinction, Wodensthrone, Lyrinx, Necro Ritual etc.

Lot of good BM coming from the UK at the moment. Like you said there's the likes Wodensthrone and Lyrinx, you also got Saol, Ethereal Woods, Axis of Perdition, Niroth, Fen, Contra Ignem Fatuum, Winterfylleth, Instinct, Ashes, Askival, Nigh, That Hideous Strength and Grendel all out there making good music.

Lot of good BM coming from the UK at the moment. Like you said there's the likes Wodensthrone and Lyrinx, you also got Saol, Ethereal Woods, Axis of Perdition, Niroth, Fen, Contra Ignem Fatuum, Winterfylleth, Instinct, Ashes, Askival, Nigh, That Hideous Strength and Grendel all out there making good music.

It's odd, a lot of people seem to disregard the UK as a poor source of BM yet if you look properly you uncover tonnes of bands that easily contend with the so-called 'big' scenes in France, Ukraine and the rest of the Eastern Bloc.

It's odd, a lot of people seem to disregard the UK as a poor source of BM yet if you look properly you uncover tonnes of bands that easily contend with the so-called 'big' scenes in France, Ukraine and the rest of the Eastern Bloc.

A lot of UKBM bands are recently formed or haven't released full-length material. Once they get a few releases under their belts perhaps it will be as recognised as the French and Eastern European scenes.

UKBM has always had a connotation of not making anything orthodox, so I think that's where a lot of the dislike/contempt towards it comes from.

^I havent heard much UKBM, but I like Hecate Enthroned's UKBM. Yeah, a lot of USBM is either very raw or very depressive, and mostly minimalistic, very little Folk, Symphonic, Medieval(OLd Satyricon type of BM), or Progressive leaning types.