Black Metal.

I want to get Emperor's IX Equilibirum sometime. I have Elegy of Icaros and Curse You All Men!on my Scattered Ashes CD and am in the mood for that kind of blackened death and it will complete m Emperor discography not counting Emperor/Wrath of The Tyrant.

@southerntrendkill, if you are near a FYE, you can usually find a lot of good shit there, but as far as raw black metal the first one that comes to mind is Gorgoroth, they usually have quite a selection of them. If you scan their metal section you can usually find something worthwhile.
As far as stuff not in stores their are probably a lot more people here that listen to more underground stuff than me, but I have to recommend Immortal, anything pre- At the Heart of Winter has pretty raw production, but still awesome sound.

I want to get Emperor's IX Equilibirum sometime. I have Elegy of Icaros and Curse You All Men!on my Scattered Ashes CD and am in the mood for that kind of blackened death and it will complete m Emperor discography not counting Emperor/Wrath of The Tyrant.

Go for it. You'll like the rest of the album.

I discovered Desolation Triumphalis for myself. Another good black metal band from France. They have this melody in their music, that makes it special, sorowful and you know - beautiful. Pretty 'dense' vocals and riifs. Too bad they are split-up.

http://www.myspace.com/desolationtriumphalis This Arcane of Supreme Rise song is awesome.

Your music taste is Impeccable.

@southerntrendkill, if you are near a FYE, you can usually find a lot of good shit there, but as far as raw black metal the first one that comes to mind is Gorgoroth, they usually have quite a selection of them. If you scan their metal section you can usually find something worthwhile.
As far as stuff not in stores their are probably a lot more people here that listen to more underground stuff than me, but I have to recommend Immortal, anything pre- At the Heart of Winter has pretty raw production, but still awesome sound.

:headbang: Thankyou! There used to be an FYE right near me but it tragically went out of business right after I started listening to metal. Damn internet's fault I bet... or maybe it's just the fact that there's a Best Buy down the street. I'll find out if there's another FYE in the area.

I discovered Desolation Triumphalis for myself. Another good black metal band from France. They have this melody in their music, that makes it special, sorowful and you know - beautiful. Pretty 'dense' vocals and riifs. Too bad they are split-up.

http://www.myspace.com/desolationtriumphalis This Arcane of Supreme Rise song is awesome.

Good find, I too am liking this a lot.

I ordered 'Forever Bound to Nothingness', i'll let you know how it is when it comes in.

I really hate this album and Prometheus as well. However, I did see Emperor when they were on tour during the release of IX Equilibrium and it was a pretty awesome show.