Black Metal.

what do you guys know about Heiden - Tinne? I was looking for Windir cds on ebay and this came up, says pagan metal in vein of Windir, MA'd said they were pagan then now like blackened metal, whatever the fuck that means, so really after all this rambling, any good? :lol:

Was listening to 'em on myspace. Stick with the Windir c.ds

Cool. What was he like

Where was that?

I had to message him on MySpace about a band he was going to due a split with was actually a horrible hoax wannabe Velvet Cacoon band that stole music from other small bands and was just trying to leech off of his status in the US black metal scene.

The band in question is called Godemiché, and they stole music from some bands and even released some of it under the name Werewolves of Venice, which is a fake project made up by Velvet Cacoon, as a split to try and leech off of their notoriety, among various other things.

Once he looked into it, he found out that I was right. He posted a bulletin about it on MySpace, and he was really cool and funny in my opinion.

The Godemiché guy retaliated by trying to make Krieg look like a hoax band, but it didn't work and he's now left black metal forever according to his own words.

The songs he recorded for the split will be released on another split sometime soon.

Okay? I have talked to him on myspace. It does mean you really talked to him. Cool story nonetheless. I was always interested in Werewolves of Venice after seeing their profile on MA.

I just said I talked to him. I didn't say it was in person. I'm glad that I was able to help him out.

I have no idea. The band I'm talking about is like a cheap rip-off of them who attempted to get attention by releasing a fake split with one of their made up VC side projests.

Genevieve is definitely worth checking out. It's got a unique sound, even though it's been copied since it came out. It now lacks some of the mystique it once had for me, since I now know more about the band and exactly how it was recorded to sound the way it does, but it's still one great album.

Listening to In The Woods... tonight, man these guys were pretty damn good. At which point did they go into the proggy non black metal stage of their music? I have 'Heart of the Ages' and 'A Return to the Isle of Men'.

Genevieve is definitely worth checking out. It's got a unique sound, even though it's been copied since it came out. It now lacks some of the mystique it once had for me, since I now know more about the band and exactly how it was recorded to sound the way it does, but it's still one great album.

I didn't really like this album. Then again, I only listened to it once and probably wasn't in the right mood. It is worth giving another chance perhaps?

That's the only one I've heard. You should check out Martwa Polska Jesień by the Furia from Poland, because it's a band that contains most of the same members, but I enjoy this album more than the MasseMord one.