Black Metal.

ive never really been into alot of newer stuff like dimmu borgir and such. i like most of the first wave of black metal. and i thought about doing that but i dont have enough time to read this HUGE thread.

ive never really been into alot of newer stuff like dimmu borgir and such. i like most of the first wave of black metal. and i thought about doing that but i dont have enough time to read this HUGE thread.

Go through it in small portions at a time! It's worth it. :)

And folks, what do you make of IXXI? I am really enjoying this Assorted Armament album.

well if you mostly like the first wave then it's easy...bathory, venom, mercyful fate, sodom, tormentor, mortuary drape, hellhammer

^I like Bathory, Venom, and Celtic Frost, just haven't gotten any CD's from them, don't know what Hellhammer sounds like or Sodom or Mortuary Drape.

if i were you, i would leap into the second and third wave. first wave bands in general don't sound much like black metal they were just laying the foundations. early bathory for sure sounded black as hell, though. the rest? not so much.

Odds are that the guy who was asking for recommendations knows those bands already, since he said he likes most of the first wave.

I'd recommend Aura Noir's Black Thrash Attack, even though I'm not personally a fan of them.

well in that case get

forest of fog -nebelhymnen
striborg - ghostwoodlands
legion of doom - god is dead
profanum - flowers of our black misantrophy
sad legend - s/t
troll - drep de kristne