Black Metal.

Let me know how that Alatyr is, i'll probably end up impulse buying it before you even receive it, but it's nice to pretend i have some resistance to black metal.

There is a pretty large sell going on at opengraverecords.com. They have 700 some cds for $6 each, a decent amount of black metal, though much of it is not so good haha. Some of you may have heard of this, but i thought i'd post it anyways! Happy hunting.

Anyone know of a place in the States to purchase Baptism - Grim Arts of Melancholy? Can't find the fucker anywhere.

Here's some pretty interesting news regarding a compilation coming out later this year entitled Toteninsel:

DONE IN 1883, AS THE THIRD VERSION OF WHAT COULD BE CALLED ARNOLD BÖCKLIN'S MASTERPIECE, THE ISLE OF THE DEAD (TOTENINSEL).
IT HAS FOR YEARS BEEN AN UNFATHOMABLE SOURCE OF INSPIRATION FOR ARTISTS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING OF COURSE MUSICIANS, AMONG THEM SERGUEÏ RACHMANNINOV.
THE AIM OF THIS PROJECT/TRIBUTE IS TO GATHER REAL CREATIVE/EFFECTIVE BANDS FROM THE BLACK METAL SCENE (OR NEAR), TO HAVE THEM WRITE A TRACK CALLED TOTENINSEL, WHICH WILL BE THEIR VERY OWN VISION, MUSICAL TRANSLATION OF THIS PAINTING AND ITS UNIVERSE.
21 BANDS HAVE BEEN GATHERED TO PAY HOMMAGE, AND VENDLUS RECORDS (USA) IS GONNA RELEASE THIS TRIBUTE.

THE BANDS :
HERE'S THE DEFINITIVE TRACKLIST :
01 - ANGMAR (FRANCE)
02 - ART OF THE BLACK BLOOD(USA)
03 - ASMODEE (FRANCE)
04 - BLOODOLINE (SPAIN)
05 - BLUT AUS NORD (FRANCE)
06 - DAVID GALAS (USA)
07 - EXECRATION (NO)
08 - FARSOT (DEUTSCHLAND)
09 - FEN (UK)
10 - FORTID (ICELAND)
11 - FOSCOR (SPAIN)
12 - FROSTMOON ECLIPSE (ITALY)
13 - ISLAND (DEUTSCHLAND)
14 - JUVENILE BAROQUE SLAUGHTERHOUSE (UK)
15 - OBSCURUS ADVOCAM (FRANCE)
16 - ODEM ARCARUM (DEUTSCHLAND)
17 - REVERENCE (FRANCE)
18 - SAEL (FRANCE)
19 - SMOHALLA (FRANCE)
20 - UMORAL (NO)
21 - WAY TO END (FRANCE)

It should be noted that, according to Fen, Art of the Black Blood features members of Agalloch...so that's interesting. And the lineup anyway on the compilation is pretty solid. I'll definitely be looking forward to it

Today I got to talk to Lord Imperial of Krieg, which was pretty funny. He's not as much of an ass as people say he is, or at least he wasn't when I talked to him.

what do you guys know about Heiden - Tinne? I was looking for Windir cds on ebay and this came up, says pagan metal in vein of Windir, MA'd said they were pagan then now like blackened metal, whatever the fuck that means, so really after all this rambling, any good? :lol: