Black Metal.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't really like Black Metal, I feel I should, I mean, it's great and all but the vocals are so annoying, I don't know, and the band logos are really cool also.

You like Cannibal Corpse and i'm assuming other death metal but do not like black metal because of the vocals? That is a strange statement to me.

I really wanted to pick up that Hegemon cd but didn't know of it being released in the U.S. anywhere, glad to hear it is a good album.

Why is it strange? Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Obituary with the low growls and all is awesome but the high screams just kill me, I dunno, I kinda like Dead and Maniac from Mayhem, though. I should start listening to Mayhem. Anyway I just need to let it grow, like Death Metal did.

Why is it strange? Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel and Obituary with the low growls and all is awesome but the high screams just kill me, I dunno, I kinda like Dead and Maniac from Mayhem, though. I should start listening to Mayhem. Anyway I just need to let it grow, like Death Metal did.

I don't have a problem with low growls, i tend to enjoy them, but black metal vocals are far more diverse imo. It took me far longer to figure out how to do the highs and rasps than it did to do lows. And i think death metal vocals are far more inaccessible than black metal vocals. But i'm obsessed with black metal so maybe i'm just biased at this point.

I dunno, I should probably just get used to the vocals in it. I said the exact same thing about Cannibal Corpse when I first heard them. "Fucking crap" and "Man these vocals suck" but look at me now. :p

I dunno, I should probably just get used to the vocals in it. I said the exact same thing about Cannibal Corpse when I first heard them. "Fucking crap" and "Man these vocals suck" but look at me now. :p

Indeed, i think vocals aren't such a big deal to me, the music is more important overall. Give it time, you may come to find obsession with black metal. :headbang:

I love Black Metal vocals. I'm a fan of older Deathspell Omega's vocals. The music, however, has yet to grow on me. They show flashes of brilliance though.

I think Deathspell are amazing! I listen to the entire album when i am able to sit still and concentrate on it, i don't like to listen to a song here and there by them. They are an experience and it'll grow.

I think Deathspell are amazing! I listen to the entire album when i am able to sit still and concentrate on it, i don't like to listen to a song here and there by them. They are an experience and it'll grow.

I like the newer stuff, it's just Inquisitors Of Satan.

I once asked what older DsO sounded like and V5 said "it's more rock sounding" or something, and I can agree. That's the main thing I don't like.

To Zeph: My first impression of By The Blessing Of Satan is the album has a rawer feeling and sound than My Soul For His Glory. I like By The Blessing Of Satan more, but i'll give them a few more listens and let you know again.

Obituary's vocals don't sound far off from black metal vocals, if I try to growl like Obituary I end up doing black metal highs.
Yeah, I wasn't into the croaky type BM vocals and still aren't but I like the tremolos and and chord progressions in BM, mostly the "Norsecore" type. I like the vocals the best in BM in Cradle of Filth, Dark Funeral, later Emperor, later Satyricon/The Shadowthrone, EDT-current Dimmu Borgir, Ulver, and later Gorgoroth.

To Zeph: My first impression of By The Blessing Of Satan is the album has a rawer feeling and sound than My Soul For His Glory. I like By The Blessing Of Satan more, but i'll give them a few more listens and let you know again.

By the Blessing of Satan is a great album and easily trumps My Soul... I haven't fully absorbed the newest release, but so far I'm not that impressed.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't really like Black Metal, I feel I should, I mean, it's great and all but the vocals are so annoying, I don't know, and the band logos are really cool also.

Hate Forest - Battlefields
Aeternus - And So the Night Became
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

Obituary's vocals don't sound far off from black metal vocals, if I try to growl like Obituary I end up doing black metal highs.
Yeah, I wasn't into the croaky type BM vocals and still aren't but I like the tremolos and and chord progressions in BM, mostly the "Norsecore" type. I like the vocals the best in BM in Cradle of Filth, Dark Funeral, later Emperor, later Satyricon/The Shadowthrone, EDT-current Dimmu Borgir, Ulver, and later Gorgoroth.

You don't enjoy Varg's vocals? There are alot of black metal bands you're missing out that have unique vocal styles, they are all pretty interesting.

I liked what I heard on Myspace. I'll pick it up soon, hopefully.

By the Blessing of Satan is a great album and easily trumps My Soul... I haven't fully absorbed the newest release, but so far I'm not that impressed.

My Soul For His Glory took me a couple listens.

Aeternus - And So the Night Became
Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon

aeternus are so amazing, a just world would class them with the other norwegian greats, no hesitation. these albums are basically perfect for a death metaller getting into BM, i'd be hard pressed naming a more powerful deep growl in all of DM

You should have no problem enjoying Attila's vocals than...

aeternus are so amazing, a just world would class them with the other norwegian greats, no hesitation. these albums are basically perfect for a death metaller getting into BM, i'd be hard pressed naming a more powerful deep growl in all of DM

Are these the only two albums that were black metal opposed to their later death metal style/ I have '...And So The Night Became' but i didn't like the other stuff i heard on their myspace.

Zeph pick it up a.s.a.p. that 'By The Blessing Of Satan' is fucking incredible.

Just here to say that Black Flame's Imperivm will be missed by many retarded faggots because no one will heed my word probably, but holy shit is this good.

Are these the only two albums that were black metal opposed to their later death metal style/ I have '...And So The Night Became' but i didn't like the other stuff i heard on their myspace.

Pick up Beyond the Wandering Moon, Dark Sorcery, and the Burning the Shroud compilation