Black Metal.

Even though I'm a huge death metal fan, I prefer Aeternus' black metal albums. Their post-Shadows of Old material doesn't impress me too much, sounds almost... mediocre.

1. Leviathan/Lurker of Chalice
2. Xasthur
3. Velvet Cacoon
4. Wolves In The Throne Room
5. Krieg/Nachtmystium/Averse Sefira/I Shalt Become/Judas Iscariot/Blood of Martyrs

I need to hear more albums to sort out the rest of the bunch. Leviathan and Xasthur have huge bodies of great material. VC and WITTR go on the strength of Genevieve and Two Hunters, respectively.

I haven't listened to it nor given it near as much attention as ...And So the Night Became, but it felt a bit more cold, yet less epic and crushing than ...And So the Night Became. Like I said though, that is just what I gathered from a couple listens. I truly haven't heard it recently enough to state a solid opinion on it, to be honest.

if there's a norwegian BM album outside the classics which warrants a number of listens it's this one

i like krohm, black funeral, averse sefira, krieg, i shalt become, demoncy - to varying degrees. vulpecula might top all of those but i haven't heard them in years, and they were kind of a hybrid anyway from what i remember. i shall relisten. i also need to listen to wind of the black mountains and absu more before i form an opinion.

if there's a norwegian BM album outside the classics which warrants a number of listens it's this one

i like krohm, black funeral, averse sefira, krieg, i shalt become, demoncy - to varying degrees. vulpecula might top all of those but i haven't heard them in years, and they were kind of a hybrid anyway from what i remember. i shall relisten. i also need to listen to wind of the black mountains and absu more before i form an opinion.

Wind of the Black Mountains had some decent parts here and there but it wasn't consistent enough for me. Maybe with a few more listens it'll kick in.

Good news, I let it grow for a bit and now I like black metal, I started listening to Darkthrone, Gorgoroth and Emperor and I am going to try and start listening to Mayhem.

I don't recall mentioning my nickname... how is that related to me listening to black metal? Anyway I respect people's opinions, you may hate Cannibal Corpse but I love them so... no need to get all worked up about it, yeah?

people get cranky about cannibal corpse around here even though the death metal they listen to is god-awful.
If you're talking about bands like Six Feet Under or Deicide - then yes, I agree.
CC still suck though. (Now you can spank me.)

PS: cannibalcorpse, good for you though. Keep up going into black.

Good news, I let it grow for a bit and now I like black metal, I started listening to Darkthrone, Gorgoroth and Emperor and I am going to try and start listening to Mayhem.

That was a quick turn around. Let the world of darkness descend upon you now and in sickness of thoughts shall you forever exist from here on out! :headbang::headbang:

If you're talking about bands like Six Feet Under or Deicide - then yes, I agree.
CC still suck though. (Now you can spank me.)

PS: cannibalcorpse, good for you though. Keep up going into black.

I'll spank you.

@ cannibalcorpse: Keep delving into BM. You'll find a lot of good stuff. Perhaps you should give Burzum a go. Filosofem only though, as the early vocals sound like a dying parrot. Not that I hate them, in fact, I love them. Varg uses a different style on that particular album so maybe it would be more accessible to you.