Black Metal.

@ skiesatourfeet, I know its a sweet album. Ive only listened to it a couple times since I got it, but Journey to Ever Eternal Skies I think is the best song.

At this moment, very much enjoying Morrigan's Plague, Waste and Death. Bathory worship done awesomely.

edit: that said, can anyone recommend me some early Bathory-like black metal of equal quality?

Have you heard Mayhemic Truth? It's the band that later turned into Morrigan so you might have already, but if not check them out.

seriously black metal is just fucking amazing. mayhem, burzum, dimmu borgir, behemoth, darthrone, gorgoroth, nargaroth fuck man its soo goood. and like euronymous once said, everytime they realease and album it will be better than anything else in the world, even if it takes ten years to record. all bands should think like that, even though they probably do think like that. BM!!!

Anyone like Shining? I like my black metal melodic as well, and just a little askew from the norm. I love blast beating, chainsaw riffing black metal as well, but if they can make it interesting by doing something different, all the better.

A couple of other of my favorites include Negura Bunget, Anaal Nathrakh, and Wolves in the Throne Room.

Anyone like Shining? I like my black metal melodic as well, and just a little askew from the norm. I love blast beating, chainsaw riffing black metal as well, but if they can make it interesting by doing something different, all the better.

A couple of other of my favorites include Negura Bunget, Anaal Nathrakh, and Wolves in the Throne Room.

I'm more into the black metal with a touch of something different than the straight out ultra-raw style.

You should listen to Ondskapt if you've never heard them. :)