Black Metal.

All Primordial is good. They have not even made an average album; they're all at least good (ranging from good to outstanding).

My ranking:

Spirit the Earth Aflame
To the Nameless Dead
The Gathering Wilderness
A Journey's End
Storm Before Calm
Imrama

I think the production puts Imrama and Spirit below par for me personally. I dont think they will ever top A Journey's End and Gathering Wilderness is ok. I really think Primordial will be a pure doom band in a few cds

I'm looking for Odal - ...Wilde Kraft and can seem to only find it at no colour records, anyone ever order from these guys? I hate ordering from Europe. Ha!

The scene kids seem to be loving it. Not sure why. I found some of it catchy when I listened to it a while ago but the vocals were terrible.

I wasn't happy that a colleague put a fellatio review of it on TMO. I've been tempted to counter it. It's a decent album, but the hype is disgusting.

It is the whole Nucular Blast thing, they seem to now be pushing black metal into the mainstream myspace group of kids who praise it as the greatest/darkest thing possible. I know what you mean by the hype. EVERY scene kid now has it on their myspace and is gloating about how epic they are. The hype outlives the music on this one by a mile. I am confused on how a band like that what from have Attila the "avant-metal" inclined lead-singer to being put into the mainstream metal scene. I really need to give a listen to their first record to see how they were before the hype.

The newest album is even worse.
Plus, admit that you bought it only because you liked the cover art.

I really dont know people who listen to a lot of underground metal give a mainstream black metal band a chance, I mean, is there one good one?

Aside from the newest Dimmu album, everything they have done has been decent. Darkthrone still makes great records. Thats all I can think of right now but I am sure there are more.

The new KoK has been good stuff, I can't get Kolossus out of my head lately. I don't know, I just seem to like catchy black metal type stuff like this, Dimmu, and CoF.

Barbarian Wrath is offically dead. Talked to black goat and he is closing it because his releases never sell. The new faustcoven has only sold 20 copies, and the latest countess album has only sold 150 copies. How lame is that? The new Faustcoven album is excellent btw..