Black Metal.

That's what they're for. They send the promos through yousendit, and those that aren't assigned for me to review I can download for free from their "Free Promos" thread in the Brotherhood Forum.

Teufel's Tomb. I swear he sends me the worst promos ever on purpose. :lol: The best thing about writing for the site is that there is no rush or deadlines to be met.

What's on Gorgoroth's True Norwegian Black Metal?
It's live material from Grieghallen

1. Bergtrollets Hevn 03:16
2. Destroyer 02:50
3. The Rite of Infernal Invocation 03:37
4. Forces of Satan Storms 04:34
5. Possessed (by Satan) 05:07
6. Unchain My Heart!!! 04:28
7. Profetens Åpenbaring 04:21
8. Revelation of Doom 03:00
Total playing time 31:13

I'm expecting Satyricon to take the next step with their new sound, and I'm looking forward to the new album, actually. Regardless of how it stands by Black Metal standards, this band is exploring new territory. I'll be disappointed if they either fail to progress or even retrogress to appeal to older fans.

I'm sure their old fans have given up long times ago... they probably don't even listen to black metal anymore :p

i think dark funeral play true black metal. christ if they don't play black metal, no one does. they only reason they get labeled as untrue is because they are popular with the dork scensters.

Anyone who say they suck probably didn't remember back when they released their first album... everyones was praising them to the death.

I still like them but well, they sound a bit generic by today's standard :p

Even their first album isn't spectacular. The In the Sign EP has their best material, and it's shorter so I can listen to it intently.

After not being too blown away by Behexen's My Soul For His Glory, a second listen has revealed to me many parallels with 90s black metal bands that caused me to like this album much more than I did. The tremolo riff in "Demonic Fleshtemple" reminds me of "Vetrarnótt" from Enslaved's Vikingligr Veldi, and other parts remind me of Gorgoroth.

After not being too blown away by Behexen's My Soul For His Glory, a second listen has revealed to me many parallels with 90s black metal bands that caused me to like this album much more than I did. The tremolo riff in "Demonic Fleshtemple" reminds me of "Vetrarnótt" from Enslaved's Vikingligr Veldi, and other parts remind me of Gorgoroth.

I've had a similar experience with this record. It grew on me quickly and now it's my favorite of the year so far. I love the role the bass plays in the record, as well as the chanting. Check out my review for it on TMO.

Also, I delved into Dark Space III last night for the first time. My ears still hurt. Absolutely mind-blowing. They really took their formula to the next level and added some much-needed depth.