Black Metal.

Dark Funeral is supposed to have a new album out soon, I guess late this year or sometime next year. And I don' see how people can say Dark Funeral isn't black metal, the clean production is the only thing I can think of that isn't tr00.

well i suppose that depends on how you define black metal... some other good one's would include:
bathory
mercyful fate
mayhem
burzum
dissection
emperor
graveland
nokturnal mortum
summoning
darkthrone
immortal

I listen to what I like and I don't care if they "true" or not, thanks for the recommendations :)

I got Deathspell Omega's Fas-Ite,Maledicte... about two weeks ago and I think it's become my favorite bm record along with Hunengrab im Herbst. Anyway, are Infernal battles and Inquisitors even worth picking up? Is it like their recent stuff at all

get inquisitors of satan. it's really nothing like the later stuff it's more aggressive straight forward black metal. i like it more. also you could check out the "manifestations" compilations of their older material. those totally rule

get inquisitors of satan. it's really nothing like the later stuff it's more aggressive straight forward black metal. i like it more. also you could check out the "manifestations" compilations of their older material. those totally rule

You know, as much as I enjoy Fas..., I find myself listening more to the Manifestations material a lot more recently.

TheInsane said:
I too like old Satyricon best. Im saying that only having heard "the shadowthrone" though. Im not much into the rock n roll influences they have included into their music.

You would probably like Nemesis Divina which is pretty much the last good Satyricon album.

I think early Deathspell Omega is good, but I definitely prefer the newer era.

Oh, and that username reminded me, "Malign Paradigm" is basically a tribute to the band Malign. Listen to "Ashes and Bloodstench" by Malign back to back with that song and tell me if you notice anything.

Which Bathory album would you guys recommend that I start with as an introduction to their music? One of my favorite used record stores just got a fuckton of Bathory CDs and they're all like $5 so I think I'll pick one up.

This thread is amazing. I'm very new to black metal and there has been so many bands mentioned that I have to check out.

Yes, it actually caused me to listen to the stuff. Craziness!

And yeah, the Manifestations compilations fucking ruled, the second ond in particular.

I actually enjoyed the first one more. The second was less of a combination of IoS and SMRC than I was led to believe. It was good, but did not strike me as significantly better than what came before it. Sometimes there is a reason things are unreleased.