Black Metal.

Which Bathory album would you guys recommend that I start with as an introduction to their music? One of my favorite used record stores just got a fuckton of Bathory CDs and they're all like $5 so I think I'll pick one up.
Depends on what style you want? Viking Metal or Black Metal? IMO Hammerheart is the best but Blood Fire Death is probably the most accessable if you are looking for more black/thrash oriented stuff. All albums are great tho (except for maybe Octagon and Destroyer of Worlds) so Just pick one at random. ;)

It doesn't compare to the first five albums, though. I second (or third?) the Under the Sign of the Black recommendation since it's black metal perfection imo.

Mathiäs;7521929 said:
Now, Diabolical is fucking fantastic you worthless faggots. I hate all the ND bashing on here

Nemesis Divina and Now, Diabolical are both great albums IMO, just different stuff.

ND happens too be one of my favourite albums released in 2006.

Now, Diabolical is very good, can't wait for the new Satyricon. The Pentagram Burns was probably my first somewhat black metal song. So it means a lot to me.

I'm expecting Satyricon to take the next step with their new sound, and I'm looking forward to the new album, actually. Regardless of how it stands by Black Metal standards, this band is exploring new territory. I'll be disappointed if they either fail to progress or even retrogress to appeal to older fans.