Black Metal.

Hi all.
I'm not really into black metal, I listen to a few BM bands such as Dark Funeral and Dimmu Borgir, one of my friends keep telling me that this shit ain't true black metal, can someone recommend me something that is better?

Hi all.
I'm not really into black metal, I listen to a few BM bands such as Dark Funeral and Dimmu Borgir, one of my friends keep telling me that this shit ain't true black metal, can someone recommend me something that is better?

Now dont listen to much to him. If you think its good its good to you. Dont care about what others think or if its "true black metal" or whatever.

I think you should check out some of the band that are recomended to you though. You may find new stuff that you also like but dont fall into the trap that certain music isnt good because it isnt "true" enough.

Emperor
Burzum
Mayhem
Darkthrone
Satyricon

I listened to Satyricon before and I didn't like their stuff, I didn't find something special about them, Mayhem and burzum are definitely good bands, but still I didn't listen to their all stuff yet, I'll check it out as soon as I finish from downloading their disography (yea i download it then if i liked it i buy it). My first impression of Darkthrone is very good, I just listened to a few songs for them in youtube, kick ass.

Now dont listen to much to him. If you think its good its good to you. Dont care about what others think or if its "true black metal" or whatever.

I think you should check out some of the band that are recomended to you though. You may find new stuff that you also like but dont fall into the trap that certain music isnt good because it isnt "true" enough.
Yea I never stop listening to a band because they're not "true", I knew that Dark Funeral is not pure BM from the first time I listened to them, and I didn't give a shit because they kick ass.

What Satyricon have you heard?

I always thought of Burzum's early stuff is mediocre but after listening to Burzum and Det Som Engang Var today, I changed my opinion, I really like the albums.

What Satyricon have you heard?

I always thought of Burzum's early stuff is mediocre but after listening to Burzum and Det Som Engang Var today, I changed my opinion, I really like the albums.

I have only listened to their latest stuff, but I listened a couple of songs from The Shadowthrone, I personally loved The King Of The Shadowthrone, and I'm hoping all their old stuff is similar to it.

I have only listened to their latest stuff, but I listened a couple of songs from The Shadowthrone, I personally loved The King Of The Shadowthrone, and I'm hoping all their old stuff is similar to it.

Nemesis Divina
and Dark Medieval Times are both good. Nemesis being my personal favorite. I can't speak for The Shadowthrone. The later stuff isn't really Black Metal. It's some sort of "Black N Roll."

i think dark funeral play true black metal. christ if they don't play black metal, no one does. they only reason they get labeled as untrue is because they are popular with the dork scensters.

see, i disagree. i think they are fantastic and abrasive and catchy as hell. they blow away most other bands. they are anything but boring.

I too like old Satyricon best. Im saying that only having heard "the shadowthrone" though. Im not much into the rock n roll influences they have included into their music.

On Dark Funeral I think they are black metal for sure. If one likes them or not is another thing. I really disliked the last album but I enjoyed both diabolis interium and vobiscum satanas before that. Secrets of the black arts is good as well. I think they lost track of something on the latest release. It just didnt work for me.

I'm listening to Infernal War's Terrorfront, i pretty much like it. What do you guys think of this album? Need some opinions.

Hi all.

well i suppose that depends on how you define black metal... some other good one's would include:
bathory
mercyful fate
mayhem
burzum
dissection
emperor
graveland
nokturnal mortum
summoning
darkthrone
immortal