Black Metal.

It's not bad at all. Some great riffing in there. But it is in the same style as his other stuff released after Kampen, so the Atmosphere isn't really there anymore imo, and with all the intro-like tracks thrown in there are like 25 minutes of actual black metal in there. : d

saw the new Velnias on bunalti today...wow checked it out very good. It's more black metal in vein of Primordial imo....definitely going to buy that album soon

saw the new Velnias on bunalti today...wow checked it out very good. It's more black metal in vein of Primordial imo....definitely going to buy that album soon

I sorta know the bassist of that band through guitar lessons, he teaches where I go for lessons.

Just out of curiosity, what are the black metal albums that you guys would consider to be like a "spiritual" (or deep, emotional) experience for you? Some of mine:

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Deathspell Omega - Si Monumentum Requires Circumspice
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Enslaved - Eld
Mutiilation - Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul
Negura Bunget - Om
Ondskapt - Dodens Evangelium
Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

I love Velvet Cacoon. I was recently surprised by how similar Northsuite was to Genevieve. I do not think it was as good, but the general sound was about the same, and there was no shortage of ambiance, and the songs seemed even more ambient based than Genevieve.

It takes an ambitious (or arrogant) band - depending on how you see it, to start an album with a 12 minute ambient track. It helps when said band makes excellent ambient music.

I hope the next VC album comes out soon. There is a supposed promo track. I'm a bit suspicious, but it fits the bill. It was closer to the old material than I thought it would be.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opUdVPVLMfA&feature=related[/ame]

It's either real or a very good forgery.

Isn't Velvet Cacoon the band where the members admitted that they are a hoax, and have stolen riffs from other bands?

Yeah, for some releases (that were never actually published.) I've never heard of a reason to believe that the proper materials (Dextronaut, Genevieve, Northsuite) were not 100% original. Since no one has claimed otherwise in the years since these were released, I think it's safe to say that the band's proper releases are legitimate original works.

Just out of curiosity, what are the black metal albums that you guys would consider to be like a "spiritual" (or deep, emotional) experience for you? Some of mine:

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Enslaved - Eld
Negura Bunget - Om

sir, you trippeth.

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Enslaved - Eld
Negura Bunget - Om

I know what you're talking about. Some albums that do it for me: Enslaved - Below the Lights, Drudkh - Enstrangement, Negură Bunget - Om.