Black Metal.

My copy of Darkestrah's new album "Epos" arrived today, very happy! :kickass:

darkestrah_epos_02.jpg

darkestrah_epos_01.jpg

I still need to check out Darkestrah, I don't really know why I never got around to them.

darkestrah200.jpg

A fucking brilliant band (and I'm not just saying that).

They come from Kyrgyzstan, a mostly Muslim country in Central Asia, and have been around for around 8 years now.

It's taken a bit of time for them to develop and mature but since their third release "Sary Oy" they have done just that, and excelled every release since, now becoming a unique band in their own right.

The music is mid-paced to fast Black Metal, with female vocals (and she's fucking great at it too, not to mention writes most of the lyrics), using non-Western scales and occasional cellos, indigenous instruments and subtle keys.

Ideologically, they are somewhat anti-semitic, but only lightly so. They are not necessarily a political band, but this does not deter from their extremity. Predominantly, their music is centered around the Pagan culture of their roots via lyrics, scales, instruments and artworks used.

Unlike many bands, Darkestrah's line-up has remained stable in their career, which imo benefits greatly towards musical maturation - it definitely shows.

Like Drudkh do to some extents, Darkestrah have a dry, almost arid sense to their music (this reflect their geographical origins strongly imo), with occasional warmth and beautiful texture throughout their execution.

Like Drudkh and Negura Bunget, I find Darkestrah is a great example of "ethnic" Black Metal of a non-Norsk origin (which I personally feel is the future anyway), their culture comes through their art with subtlety, yet perfectly.

Very underrated, but VERY highly recommended. I will upload a song from the previous album "Embrace of Memory" (an amazing album) shortly.

Official site.

For those of you who like what I upload soon, support this band and buy their albums! They deserve MUCH more recognition than they currently have.

EDIT:

This is the second song from the previous album Embrace of Memory. While this song doesn't deviate too much from the standard Black Metal characteristics, it is nevertheless outstanding. Other songs and works by the band show more of their subtle musical cultural influences.

Darkestrah: Black Cathedral. Enjoy - it will be only available for a few days!

Anytime... I want people to know how much this band kicks serious ass :kickass:

The new album Epos is stunning, I'm still hammering it (review will be written for Metal Archives soon).

I really should spend more time at Metal Archives ie the forum, but I dont. I use the site as a reference, but for some reason I feel good about writing reviews for the place.

^ That it does. It's a much more layered and intricate release than anything they have done so far. Quite a directional change, but also a massive step in maturity. Darkestrah is developing into a very prominent band imo.

I'm posting this again, I want people to check it out!

darkestrah200.jpg

A fucking brilliant band (and I'm not just saying that).

They come from Kyrgyzstan, a mostly Muslim country in Central Asia, and have been around for around 8 years now.

It's taken a bit of time for them to develop and mature but since their third release "Sary Oy" they have done just that, and excelled every release since, now becoming a unique band in their own right.

The music is mid-paced to fast Black Metal, with female vocals (and she's fucking great at it too, not to mention writes most of the lyrics), using non-Western scales and occasional cellos, indigenous instruments and subtle keys.

Ideologically, they are somewhat anti-semitic, but only lightly so. They are not necessarily a political band, but this does not deter from their extremity. Predominantly, their music is centered around the Pagan culture of their roots via lyrics, scales, instruments and artworks used.

Unlike many bands, Darkestrah's line-up has remained stable in their career, which imo benefits greatly towards musical maturation - it definitely shows.

Like Drudkh do to some extents, Darkestrah have a dry, almost arid sense to their music (this reflect their geographical origins strongly imo), with occasional warmth and beautiful texture throughout their execution.

Like Drudkh and Negura Bunget, I find Darkestrah is a great example of "ethnic" Black Metal of a non-Norsk origin (which I personally feel is the future anyway), their culture comes through their art with subtlety, yet perfectly.

Very underrated, but VERY highly recommended. I will upload a song from the previous album "Embrace of Memory" (an amazing album) shortly.

Official site.

For those of you who like what I upload soon, support this band and buy their albums! They deserve MUCH more recognition than they currently have.

EDIT:

This is the second song from the previous album Embrace of Memory. While this song doesn't deviate too much from the standard Black Metal characteristics, it is nevertheless outstanding. Other songs and works by the band show more of their subtle musical cultural influences.

Darkestrah: Black Cathedral. Enjoy - it will be only available for a few days!

Absurd is great band from Germany. I don't listen to too much NSBM, but I can tell this band is topnotch. Very raw punkish BM.

Yes, good call. Facta Loquuntur is one of the most spirited, genuine albums I've come across. Absolutely no silly attempts at appearing "true" or "grim"; the music speaks for itself. As Life Sucks said, it's quite amateurish and very sloppy, but it all adds to the atmosphere. Without a doubt, the best NSBM I've heard.