Black Metal.

Black Metal ranks high in my list of favourite genres, not quite at the top but not far off. Tend to listen to bands like Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Akercocke, Emperor and many others.
A lot of the old-school "church-burning era" stuff sounds alike and bores me after a while, prefer the bands who do things a bit different.

Anyone like Lunar Aurora (listening to them right now as I'm typing this). They can be pretty good in small doses, but sometimes they can get boring, too. This is the case with a lot of minimalistic black metal.

Limbonic Art's In Abhorrence Dementia is a brilliant album. All it needed was some extra bass on the car stereo and presto. Whoever has not heard this band is missing out on a great experience.

^ I agree!!!
to whoever said scandinavian metal sucks...all it means is bands from scandinavian orgin...you'd be surprised how many death/black metal bands are scandi.

I never said all Scandinavian bands, just the death metal. I love Norweigan black metal.

school me then.

I know of Grave, Entombed, Dismember, Nihilist, and At The Gates.

You're telling me you don't like Into The Grave, Like An Everflowing Stream, or The Red In The Sky Is Ours? Oh well. Try these:

Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells
Depravity - Silence Of The Centuries
Desultory - Into Eternity
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Grotesque - In The Embrace Of Evil
Carnage - Dark Recollections

You're telling me you don't like Into The Grave, Like An Everflowing Stream, or The Red In The Sky Is Ours? Oh well. Try these:

Therion - Beyond Sanctorum
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
Unleashed - Where No Life Dwells
Depravity - Silence Of The Centuries
Desultory - Into Eternity
Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
Grotesque - In The Embrace Of Evil
Carnage - Dark Recollections

Unleashed is ok, not great but decent

and I found Soulside Journey a boring record....which is odd considering my love for Autopsy.

I'll check the other bands out, though, thanks for the recs.

Of course, and modern bands like Hail, but the modern "scene" bands that are the face of Finnish Black Metal today are generic shite.

Black Metal ranks high in my list of favourite genres, not quite at the top but not far off. Tend to listen to bands like Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, Akercocke, Emperor and many others.
A lot of the old-school "church-burning era" stuff sounds alike and bores me after a while, prefer the bands who do things a bit different.

Dimmu is crap, always has been always will be. listen to Marduk or Dark Funeral if you want good production, heavy black metal.

school me then.

I know of Grave, Entombed, Dismember, Nihilist, and At The Gates.

Along with what Necuratul listed:

Molested - Blod Draum
Seance - Saltrubbed Eyes
Seance - Fornever Laid to Rest
Liers in Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art
Carbonized - For the Security
Belial - Gods of the Pit / Wisdom of Darkness
Crematory - Denial
Merciless - The Awakening
Necrony - Pathological Performances
Runemagick - Darkness Death Doom

Along with what Necuratul listed: