Black Metal.

Sorry for being lazy and not looking through all the posts, but does anyone have any recommendations for bands that are similar to Absu or Sarcofago? I'm really digging the "blackened thrash" thing. Thanks in advance

Edit: Sorry i'll go post this on the recommendations thread. wow im a dumbass

At bloody last! It arrived in the post today:

kataxu_01.jpg

kataxu_02.jpg

:kickass:

At bloody last! It arrived in the post today:

kataxu_01.jpg

kataxu_02.jpg

:kickass:

Yes! :kickass:

Kataxu (as well as Nagelfar and Nokturnal Mortum) are the only "symphonic" black metal bands I can stomach. Kataxu being my favorite.

Have you heard Roots Thunder as well? I thought it was slightly more intense than Hunger of Elements and had a little better of a landscape.

Sorry for being lazy and not looking through all the posts, but does anyone have any recommendations for bands that are similar to Absu or Sarcofago? I'm really digging the "blackened thrash" thing. Thanks in advance

Edit: Sorry i'll go post this on the recommendations thread. wow im a dumbass

Aura Noir
Bestial Mockery
Destroyer 666 (mostly thrash)
Craven Idol (props to HOM)
Abominator
Gehennah
Gospel of the Horns
Holocausto - Campo de Extermínio
Usurper
Necrodeath

Arckanum are pretty peculiar. They sound "psychoticly". And the whole sound is kind of raw and "degraded". I think it's one of the BM bands that not everyone can get into.

God Macabre aren't really generic, they're rather original I suppose in terms of atmosphere...a lot of bands 'round then did sound similar though, yeah. However, The Winterlong is far too short.

I stumbled across an interesting Series of videos on YouTube today. It is a documentary or news report program about the early stages of BM and primarily Varg and the media reaction and is a decent watch. There are of course some inconsistencies and contradictions, but that is to be expected. Some interviews with Varg himself are included. It was however disappointing that when Varg started to discuss his murder of Euronymous, they cut him off.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5