Black Metal.

I'm going to tell everyone I know RIGHT NOW.

my street cred, noooooooo!

That said, the newest Blut Aus Nord didn't age too well with me. Last time I tried listening to it, I found it meandering and lacking in direction and I turned it off halfway through. The aesthetics are still beautiful, though, but not enough so to justify over hour's worth of "material".

I can't think of anything about their music that I'd call wankery, considering that they tend to make straightforward music that never has any bullshit or unnecessary flashiness.

I can't think of anything about their music that I'd call wankery, considering that they tend to make straightforward music that never has any bullshit or unnecessary flashiness.
I didn't bear in mind the technical aspect. I call it wankery because it sounds weak, like post-rock, and boring because it lacks in quality. Rarely do I hear a good metal riff and rarely do they succed in creating a special atmosphere (more stuff like The First Snow would be pleasant).

@whiskey_funeral : you're stupid for not agreeing ^^.

I didn't bear in mind the technical aspect. I call it wankery because it sounds weak, like post-rock, and boring because it lacks in quality. Rarely do I hear a good metal riff and rarely do they succed in creating a special atmosphere (more stuff like The First Snow would be pleasant).

@whiskey_funeral : you're stupid for not agreeing ^^.

HAH!

I'm curious now, newbie...name some of your favorite black metal bands.

I'm not willing to recommend you any black metal because of the fact that you have a Christian metal band's logo for an avatar.