Black Metal.

I still enjoy Dimmu, but I do not enjoy them as a Black Metal band. I would buy their new album in a second. I look at them as an extreme metal band, sort of the same way I look at newer Emperor. They are just not Black Metal anymore; they weren't even that much to begin with. Now enough with this Dimmu discussion.

I listened to a variety of new albums this week, and have found most of them to be good. The standout was Vesania-God The Lux. It was a random pick, and I was surprised at its excellence. Anyone else heard it?

Also, another noteworthy one that most of you have probably heard is the legendary Countess-Heilig Vuur.

But there are many symphonic bands that are better. Dimmu has always excelled in their symphonic elements more than any other of their components, and OMC has good keyboards (Hominis Nocturna ftw), but there are plenty of symphonic BM bands that have good symphonic elements. Stigmatic Chorus has some good keys (see my sig), Twighlight Opera, Lost Infinity, etc.

Look beyond the surface. Blind buys and picks always work best for BM, better than any other genre.

My problem is that I have to order most of my music, so it's hard to make blind purchases successfully. You dont have the feeling.

The miserable three:

Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Old Man's Child

all three of these are a no no.

You can't discredit Dimmu Borgir. They have written music far superior to most bands out there who try to achieve the same goal music-wise. And taking into account any of their albums before PEM, then by no means should this band be "blacklisted".

I'm also optimistic about their new album coming out. It would be difficult to do much worse than DCA.

EDT and DCA were classics IMO. To be honest I haven't heard much else from them since those were based on recommendations, but they were great nevertheless.

You can't discredit Dimmu Borgir. They have written music far superior to most bands out there who try to achieve the same goal music-wise. And taking into account any of their albums before PEM, then by no means should this band be "blacklisted".

I'm also optimistic about their new album coming out. It would be difficult to do much worse than DCA.

Like I said in my earlier post, I am a Dimmu Borgir fan. I just can't look at them as Black Metal, and don't judge them as a Black Metal band. Like I said, I sm getting their new album regardless.

Has anyone heard of Clad in Darkness? I don't think I have seen them mentioned in this thread except for my own single post here. :)

Melodic Black Metal, with some good Opeth influences and some cool 70's style rock solos. Don't worry, it actually fits the music.

You can download their new EP free from their site here.
:kickass: