Black Metal.

Has anyone heard of Clad in Darkness? I don't think I have seen them mentioned in this thread except for my own single post here. :)

Melodic Black Metal, with some good Opeth influences and some cool 70's style rock solos. Don't worry, it actually fits the music.

You can download their new EP free from their site here.
:kickass:
Pfffffff.... I mention them all the fucking time! I'm their biggest fan, dammit. They are awesome as musicians and as people. Clad in Darkness rules!

Pfffffff.... I mention them all the fucking time! I'm their biggest fan, dammit. They are awesome as musicians and as people. Clad in Darkness rules!
My mistake, I did a search and yielded only one post result for the Black Metal Thread.

But yeah, excellent music, I wish they will get signed soon so they can get an LP out and TOUR! :headbang:

Just bought Gravelands 2005 release today. I wanted to fill some more space in between, because the only other Graveland album I have is In The Glare of Burning Churches. The newest one was all they had, however.

*pastes*

I discovered a band called Kroda from Ukraine not too long ago. Their release 'Towards the Firmaments Verge of Life...' was excellent. Brilliant 'music' in the very true definition of the word. Very soothing.

I'm not into much 'pagan black metal', except for maybe drudkh if you want to consider them in that same league. How do you rate Kroda in that list?

And what other bands should one check out that can be categorised the same way?
I got my hands on the other CD too.. Cry To Me, River. Awesomeness to teh' brim.

Any other other similar bands? Me needs recommendations.

It took me a few listens for it to properly grow on me, but it's very good. Not as good as Dawn Of Iron Blades, but great nonetheless. New album next month...

I thought it was only third to In The Glare of Burning Churches and Dawn of Iron Blades personally. What time next month does the new one come out?

Aarohi, Kroda are pretty good, imo. They've got cool lyrics and all this folk stuff that they put in their music makes it very atmospheric.

Agreed. I've been playing both their albums compulsively all day. They're brilliant.

Do you know any other similar bands I can check out? because I'm not sure if I've heard much from this particular genre.

Well, Drudkh and Nocturnal Mortum can stay near to that band, but I'm sure you've heard them already.

I love Kroda. on the new album their songs are long as fuck.

one thing I dont understand about Kroda since they are Ukrainian. they have songs about Wotan, Valhalla, Valkries... why? they are slavs