Black Metal.

I heard a song from this very underground black metal band called Funeral Dust on Black Metal Radio called "The Forest of Ulver", it was on a split CD and Funeral Dust hasn't even put out a full-length yet. It was a great song, I love it. I'm not shocked at all if they get signed to Moribundm, Southern Lord, or Hydrahead.
www.myspace.com/funeraldust

Satyricon is beyond amazing, they're that band that does not hit bad notes and are also pissed. I get this sense of rebellion when listening to satyricon and it sets me free. Moving music and great musicianship. You know when intence and angry bands sound like they lack musicianship, satyricon does not. Being born in 87 I think satyricon represents me growing up in the 90's and even in 2007. Regardless when they put out a cd they are just more than other bands and never become dated or sell out.

They're good, but no really amazing at all. Typical band that can actually write decent songs, which is a rarity in the majority of bm.

Regardless when they put out a cd they are just more than other bands and never become dated or sell out.

I'm surprised a fan of the early Satyricon releases would think "Now, Diabolical" was remotely a quality release. They have lost their touch.

... so for those of you who haven't yet experienced the beauty of the latest offering, Ligfaerd, you better get your hands on it!

I am very pleased with what I heard from this band and will be getting that album as soon as I can.

Satyricon was one of the first BM bands I've heard and I still hold them in high regard, but there are FAR better bands. I don't listen to them often nor to much of the Norwegian BM scene anymore(with some exceptions), but that's mainly because I've sold my soul to the Greeks. Man, their shit never gets old.

Interesting, I have never heard those. Hard to believe that sort of stuff can be quality.

They need to get to releasing more full-length stuff soon, I think it would be good.