Black Metal.

It's more an experimental sort of thing than actual black metal, but I still enjoyed it.

Does anyone here like Lost Infinity? Best black/gothic band in my opinion. Much more black than gothic, too. Good stuff.

Does anyone else find Drudkh extremely overrated?
I've seen it receive high praises on message boards and based on MA ratings it's the best band in black metal.
Today I got a copy of Blood in our wells and I've had Autumn Aurora for some time, after quite a few listens I still don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps above average of what came out in last few years but for me it's just 'meh'.

I've seen it receive high praises on message boards and based on MA ratings it's the best band in black metal.
Today I got a copy of Blood in our wells and I've had Autumn Aurora for some time, after quite a few listens I still don't see what the big deal is. Perhaps above average of what came out in last few years but for me it's just 'meh'.

Worst post of the entire thread!!!!

Satyricon blows, I can't stand them. Even their early material is mediocre. Don't like them at all.

Same. I wonder frequently why I still have their music. I keep thinking that maybe I'll like them after a few listens, but their music is very generic. They're to black metal as Cannibal Corpse is to death metal.

I didn't listen to all of "Now, Diabolical", but I thought that the songs I did hear were horrible. Especially that piece of shit that's played on MTV2, "K.I.N.G."

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan.

No, they just changed and learned how to actually piece together well written songs.

"Now, Diabolical" is incredibly fucking repetitive, though, despite being catchy and enjoyable. A lot of the riffs are similar and the drums are static as hell. I give all a 7/10. :)

Their early stuff is wonderful, however. "Dark Medieval Times" and "Nemesis Divina" are great.

Satyricon is beyond amazing, they're that band that does not hit bad notes and are also pissed. I get this sense of rebellion when listening to satyricon and it sets me free. Moving music and great musicianship. You know when intence and angry bands sound like they lack musicianship, satyricon does not. Being born in 87 I think satyricon represents me growing up in the 90's and even in 2007. Regardless when they put out a cd they are just more than other bands and never become dated or sell out.

:lol:

Quite a funny rant indeed when you make sense of it. Some transitions are hilarious in their abruptness. He was probably really drunk when he posted this. Later Satyricon does seem to go down better with beer:lol:

Well he also hardly listens to any Black Metal at all so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

For the record, I'm a fan of Satyricon, mainly The Shadowthrone, though they don't find their way to my CD player very often.

Quite a funny rant indeed when you make sense of it. Some transitions are hilarious in their abruptness. He was probably really drunk when he posted this. Later Satyricon does seem to go down better with beer:lol:

:lol:

I was drunk which is strange because I rarely post while intoxicated. Earlier I downed 5 beers in about 30 minutes and then before posting put down 4 mini vodka's.

word on the street is they're releasing something this year.

Interesting. Didn't hear it.

Okay, so how about Sear Bliss? They have released, I beleive, six albums, and still don't get shit for recognition. They are good albums, too. Glory To Perdition is their best imo.

Okay, so how about Sear Bliss? They have released, I beleive, six albums, and still don't get shit for recognition. They are good albums, too. Glory To Perdition is their best imo.

I have the latest one, and it's good. I wouldn't say it's great. Without the real horns their music would pretty much be like the thousands of symphonic black metal bands. Nothing to go crazy about.