Black Metal.

I guess Astrum doesn't really like their newer releases. as for me (Going back to the root topic) I'm just starting to actually get into Black metal (Thanks to Astrum)....

My only band used to be Dimmu borgir, and I used to think that they were all i like..but now I'm expanding to such bands as Summoning, a little Emperor, Vesania, and some Immortal. I'm always open to more band suggestions, though. :)

Well he also hardly listens to any Black Metal at all so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Maybe. I consider myself more open mind too it than originally. I guess it's that genre where you really need to hear the right albums to realize it's interesting. The black metal albums I have been into latetly I find more interesting than majority of metal music. I am actually starting to maybe like it more than death metal which is one of my favorite styles.

I like their new stuff. I would say Volcano is by far their best newer album.

their first 3 are indeed the best.
The one song I heard off Volcano "Fuel For Hatred" was ok, it is probably the worst Satyricon song I've heard. But maybe the rest of the songs saved that album, I really don't know.

The one song I heard off Volcano "Fuel For Hatred" was ok, it is probably the worst Satyricon song I've heard. But maybe the rest of the songs saved that album, I really don't know.

Listen to the song 'with ravenous hunger'

5:13(this part kicks so much ass I could not explain how much ass it kicks)

I like the first few riffs of that song, but the rest of it is pure shit. I thought K.I.N.G. was the worst pile of feces ever, though.

I guess Astrum doesn't really like their newer releases. as for me (Going back to the root topic) I'm just starting to actually get into Black metal (Thanks to Astrum)....

My only band used to be Dimmu borgir, and I used to think that they were all i like..but now I'm expanding to such bands as Summoning, a little Emperor, Vesania, and some Immortal. I'm always open to more band suggestions, though. :)

Ah, Deven finally decides to come back and post here. I plan on showing you some more bands next time you make your way to my house, I bought some new CD's you might like. A lot of people who post in this thread know what they are talking about, so listen to them and look up or preview any bands they mention.

Some posters I find would help you expand your BM tastes best would probably be Malignance (sheer BM knowlege), Zephyrus (Likes bands similar to what you like, including Summoning, Borknagar, etc.).

Post in GMD more often, and comb through this and the rec/musicyoulike threads to experiment.

You will like the new releases better. It's not as black metally as the old stuff.

Anyone here really into Samael? I know they're not pure black metal. More like melodic black metal w/ keyboards, but i still think they kick ass. I love Baphomet's Throne off of Ceremony of Opposites. The short intro is so fucking awesome. Just wonderin if anyone else likes them as much as i do and similar bands would be appreciated.

Early Samael is pure Black Metal. :|

Worship Him and Blood Ritual outclass most Black Metal coming out these days by leagues.