Black Metal.

I've been listening to black metal for a few years, but I only really consider myself 'recently started' since up until now I've been getting into black metal at a fairly slow rate.

An observation I made, is that now southern Europe has overtaken Scandinavia in terms or present day black metal. Greece, Portugual, Spain, Italy, have a stronger scene than Norway, Finland, Sweden.

don't forget Eastern Europe
Yeah. More specifically, Poland. Regadless, Scandinavia sure as hell does NOT hold the black metal crown anymore. I just happen to be listening to a lot of southern European bm at the moment. I think that the Italian bm scene is severly underrated (everyone knows about the Greek and Portuguese scenes).

Yeah. More specifically, Poland. Regadless, Scandinavia sure as hell does NOT hold the black metal crown anymore. I just happen to be listening to a lot of southern European bm at the moment. I think that the Italian bm scene is severly underrated (everyone knows about Portuguese scene
I've only heard Mortuaty Drape, Opera IX and Sirius from the Italian and Portuguese scenes. Elaborate if you know more.

From Italy:

Death SS
Defunctis
Flagellum Dei
Profanatum
Auramoth
Necrodeath
Melets
Altar of Perversion
Goatreich 666
Malvento
Blasphemophager
Esmegor

You do know they are a Christian band, right? Christian Black Metal = An oxymoron.

You do know lyrics do not make a genre? Retard. Also, if you can honestly tell me with a clear conscious that you can understand even 20% of BM lyrics then I'll give you one big ass cookie :).