Black Metal.

Crushing the Holy Trinity is the best Mgla, imo. I haven't heard all of the EPs though. I thought the downside to Groza was that it felt like it was just a stretched out EP. Good riffs, but I wish there were more of them.

from the negura bunget myspace:

This has to be one of the most difficult messages to be written. We are sorry to announce that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur have ended their journey along Negura Bunget. Our paths are now apart. We wish them all the best on their new endeavors (their new project will be announced at a later time).
Meanwhile, a new Negura Bunget line-up is assembled , which will continue the path started almost 15 years ago. Rest assure, we are keen to prove there is more to be said by this band, and we will work to fulfill our spiritual endeavor relentlessly .
All Negura Bunget scheduled plans (concerts, festivals, contracts with Aural Music/Code666 Records and Prophecy Productions/Lupus Lounge) will be completed in the new formula. New website and myspace page are developed and will soon be online.

Negru, of behalf of Negura Bunget.

The new official Negura Bunget line-up is:
Corb - guitars/vocals
Spin - guitars
Gădineţ - bass
Inia Dinia - keyboards
Ageru Pamanatului - vocals/pipes/percussions/xylophone
Negru - drums/percussions

A word from Hupogrammos and Sol Faur: We would like to thank everybody who supported and believed in Negura Bunget and invite you to follow our further musical activities.

Wanderings was the only ISB album I enjoyed much. I was disappointed at the lack of progression that took place between that and the later albums, especially considering how much time had passed. I haven't heard the newest one, but I was disappointed that he didn't even try to try something new.

22266.jpg

Best Dimmu Borgir album.

Wanderings was the only ISB album I enjoyed much. I was disappointed at the lack of progression that took place between that and the later albums, especially considering how much time had passed. I haven't heard the newest one, but I was disappointed that he didn't even try to try something new.
I thought Requiem sounded like a more polished Wanderings. I don't think he needed to do much more than that considering how good Wanderings was.

yeah I'm not sure how that's gonna work out either. Should be interesting to see what their next album sounds like

That certainly doesn't sound too good for the future of the band. But I'll wait for the next release before commenting further though. I had high expectations for their next release...

re: Negura Bunget

I have no idea how this will affect the band but I've had the feeling they were about to take a turn for the worse for a while now, them and Drudkh, but to my surprise, both bands have managed to stay amazingly consistent although I haven't heard the newest Drudkh material tbh.

I can't belive Negru seriously thinks he can continue Negura Bunget without Hupogrammos.

Yeah, this is definitely bad news. Guess we will just have to see what the next album will be like, and now I have my doubts. God damn I really wanted to see how the next album would be, I guess I still do but in a much different way.

We hereby present the optimal CD versions of SORHIN’s entire discography : “Skogsgriftens Rike”, “I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup” and “Apokalypsens Ängel”. Carefully redesigned by the band as noble digipaks, remastered and with a selection of bonus material.

Sorhin_DP09A.jpg

http://www.noevdia.com/

Anyone care to provide a shortlist of the best black metal released this year? I haven't kept up at all with metal as of late but I am interested in hearing some excellent modern black metal.