Black Metal.

Only thing that disappoints me about that album is the 20 min ambient track at the end. Even by BM standards it's pretty ordinary. Makes the album more like an EP than full length.

Apart from that, it's great. I don't know if I would call it suicidial BM, although it bears most of the trademarks of that style. It seems strangely uplifting in a lot of places.

Anyhow I highly doubt anyone will write a better song this year than 'This Dreadful Emptiness'. It is absolutely stunning, it honestly sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it.

So last night I went to see Krallice and WITTR. Krallice only played new material, and it sounded really good. Similar to the previous stuff, maybe a bit more rhythmic. The new album hasn't been recorded yet, but the release is tentatively scheduled for November. I ended up talking to Colin Marston for a while. Cool guy. He was really knowledgeable about black metal, even though he's known for all his death metal projects. I do not think it is at all the case that the band is a bunch of black metal outsiders, nor do I think they deserve the somewhat hipstery reputation they have. They're pretty serious about this band apparently, judging by how they've put their other bands on hiatus for the time.

WITTR put on a significantly better show than the other time I saw them. It helped that they didn't waste time noodling or lighting candles on stage, or other bullshit. They were more intense and played a better set, aside from closing with that awful song from the first album that's essentially a medley of Ulver, Weakling, and Wyrd.

New Krallice is something I really look forward to. Also, I totally agree with your statement here and couldn't have said it better myself:

I do not think it is at all the case that the band is a bunch of black metal outsiders, nor do I think they deserve the somewhat hipstery reputation they have.

The only album really worth the band's salt is Two Hunters, an album I hold in very high regard. Everything else is boring and poorly written. I could careless about the hipster thing. Such a stupid way to label a band.

The only album really worth the band's salt is Two Hunters, an album I hold in very high regard. Everything else is boring and poorly written. I could careless about the hipster thing. Such a stupid way to label a band.

I somewhat agree. Two Hunters is excellent and the rest of their material is okay at best. I haven't heard the new one yet but I have a feeling it will disappoint me greatly. And yeah, the whole "OMG HIPSTER BAND" thing is just ridiculous.