Black Metal.

That Sinn Koronation is pure darkthronian worship in the strictest sense, and not even the good type. Meh, a boring directionless album. Cancel your orders for the sake of your hard earned money.

gtfo. do you even like anything? all you do in this thread is bash good bands. first off the "darkthronian" worship stopped after the first two cds. the band has now gone in a whole new direction, i mean i can hear norsecore riffs still but this isnt even close to being the boring shit you get from most bands that attempt to rip off darkthrone.

To be fair, Katharsis DOES engage in some Darkthrone worship with the way they write music, but VVVVE is deranged and damaged enough to warrant it being called a totally new direction.

i dont get why darkthrone gets singled out when bands are influenced by them. i never hear people shit on retro swedish death metal bands that are influenced by entombed and early grave. don't get me wrong i happen to dislike most norsecore bands nowadays.

The same goes for every album recorded with a drum machine.

Assuming that you mean all albums and not just albums by Blut aus Nord, any album by Darkspace would be a good example of where this rule doesn't apply.

Right. The inhuman drum patterns fit that album well. But similar patterns seem pretty out of place on this newer album.

Yeah, there are several cases where drum machines suit a band just fine, namely in minimal albums. It sounds pretty shitty in something like those early Nokturnal Mortum albums though.

Person 1: 'Something obvious'
Person 2: 'Duh'
Person 1: 'Don't point out the obviousness of my stating the obvious.'
Ha.

I'm listening to Altar of Plagues-'White Tomb'. Top notch stuff if you ask me.

I'm late to the party again but this here Cobalt band does indeed win at life, 'specially this here Gin album. Thank y'alls for them recommen-dations, mmm hmm, sure do 'preciate it. Have a nice day now, y'hear?

altar of plagues' white tomb is probably the best BM i've heard so far this year

worst being the new wyrd - holy shit i've never had vocals ruin a potentially good album until now, but that one ... they just god i can't look beyond them at all