Black Metal.

I haven't heard any 2009 black metal yet, and very very very little post 2006 material. I've found a fair sum of stuff on Metal Area for my pirating needs, but I have yet to listen to it. Anything 2009 worth listening to? Cause I'll listen to it, and maybe buy it if it's any good.

I haven't heard any 2009 black metal yet, and very very very little post 2006 material. I've found a fair sum of stuff on Metal Area for my pirating needs, but I have yet to listen to it. Anything 2009 worth listening to? Cause I'll listen to it, and maybe buy it if it's any good.

Altar of Plagues - White Tomb, Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars, Fen - The Malediction Fields, Wolves in the Throne Room - Black Cascade...all i have from 2009 and have listened to i think. You could check out Burial Hordes - Devotion to Unholy Creed, it's fairly good as well.

And the latest Katharsis gets high praise.

The new Leviathan split is not among the the best. It's original material, but it's clearly from 4-6 years ago. It's limited, and wasn't promoted in the slightest, but I doubt it's worth the price to anyone here.

i really don't get the hype over Countess. i downloaded a few of the supposedly great albums a few years ago and gave them quite a few chances. i thought it was boring as hell tbh. i'm glad i never bought an album.