Black Metal.

Question: which, if any, other BAN record is most like the current one? I absolutely love this one, and I have The Work Which Transforms God too; however, the new one is completely full of melodic leads whereas twwtg isn't really melodic at all (though still enjoyable for other reasons)

I think the most recent BAN would have been much better with a real drummer. I liked it for the first week or so that I had it, but haven't had any interest in it since.

The hipster criticisms carry more weight when seeing a band live. Hipsters make a terrible metal crowd in every sense, and they do make a live show less enjoyable with their presence.

I somewhat agree. Two Hunters is excellent and the rest of their material is okay at best. I haven't heard the new one yet but I have a feeling it will disappoint me greatly. And yeah, the whole "OMG HIPSTER BAND" thing is just ridiculous.

It's a really terrible album, to be honest. Lacks anything interesting or captivating.

I somewhat agree. Two Hunters is excellent and the rest of their material is okay at best. I haven't heard the new one yet but I have a feeling it will disappoint me greatly. And yeah, the whole "OMG HIPSTER BAND" thing is just ridiculous.

I like the latest effort the most and we have the most similar of tastes out of anyone, so i think you'd like it.

Any suggestions for similar bands to Altar of Plagues? Their music is amazing to me.

I didn't think the Drudkh song was bad at all, it's not the greatest of something they've produced or maybe ever will but it's still Drudkh.

i can seriously not praise the new Katharsis album enough. fucking excellent album, i support this release 100% I hated the vocals on the last album as it had some weird effect, thankfully this album doesnt seem to have. The riffs are fantastic. finally a black metal album that came out this year that i like, there really hasnt been many that ive liked this year.

yeah, the vocals were completely awesome and also fucking horrible on VVorldVVithoutEnd...that's unfortunate they changed it, but I still can't wait to hear the new one.

I'd also like to agree with Blackmail and Alter about the "scene" scare. It's getting annoying and I'm not a supporter of black metal stagnating any time soon as I think it's far from dead creatively.

i can seriously not praise the new Katharsis album enough. fucking excellent album, i support this release 100% I hated the vocals on the last album as it had some weird effect, thankfully this album doesnt seem to have. The riffs are fantastic. finally a black metal album that came out this year that i like, there really hasnt been many that ive liked this year.

I'm only 5 minutes into the first song but I can already tell I'll be playing the hell out of this one. And I fuckin have to leave the house in a minute... fuck! I'll have to give it a proper listen tomorrow. -_-

That Sinn Koronation is pure darkthronian worship in the strictest sense, and not even the good type. Meh, a boring directionless album. Cancel your orders for the sake of your hard earned money.