Black Metal.

Finally, my friend burned me a copy of this album. Indeed, it
rules. The vocals are so ace.

Inquisition (Col) - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult

Nefarious Dismal Orations is easily the best Inquisition album. The production is way too quiet and flat on the others for my taste.

That Lurker of Chalice album is seriously not at all hard to find. Got re-released on digipak about a year ago.

96.JPG

Love this album.

Shit album. Then again, I'm not a fan of any Emperor after In The Nightside Eclipse

Nefarious Dismal Orations is easily the best Inquisition album. The production is way too quiet and flat on the others for my taste.

I'd say that they're all very good, but the debut is easily the best one. I also happen to like the production on the other albums, and I don't think it's too quiet at all. It's pretty easy to hear everything and I think really lends itself well to the musical style and helps create an almost triumphant Satanic atmosphere.

this is what blackgoat says about when or "if" the countess album will be released.

BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
That depends on many factors
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
first, I need to receive artwork from the artist I commissioned to do that
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
then I need 200 paid preorders once I set up a preorders page
WHQ_BlackGoat says:
I can only estimate
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
I hope to have everything together by July so that preorders can start then
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
after that, only Hell knows

Sigh... i doubt he can get 200 preorders.

I'd say that they're all very good, but the debut is easily the best one. I also happen to like the production on the other albums, and I don't think it's too quiet at all. It's pretty easy to hear everything and I think really lends itself well to the musical style and helps create an almost triumphant Satanic atmosphere.

Basically what I was going to say, just better wording. :)

I'm listening to the bonus disc on the new Xasthur cd. Fifty minutes of extra material is an enticing bonus. The rerecording of "Trauma Will Always Linger" highlights the aesthetic difference between the new Xasthur and the prior period. Really much better a few years ago. That was a great song on Subliminal Genocide. I'll give him credit for mastering a feeling of sleepiness on the newer recordings. The acoustic drums allow him to play well behind the beat, giving the music an incredibly languid feel, which is the desired effect, I imagine.

On a related note, buy a fucking crash cymbal. Hitting the $10 Wuhan China at the end of every single fill absolutely ruins these newer albums for me. Just because no one else has ever done it doesn't make it a good idea. I'm tempted to mail Malefic a shit crash cymbal so that I'm not subjected to such a miserable try yet again. Really, a crappy sounding crash/ride would suit these last two albums just fine.

Also, tell me about Forgotten Woods.

this is what blackgoat says about when or "if" the countess album will be released.

BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
That depends on many factors
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
first, I need to receive artwork from the artist I commissioned to do that
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
then I need 200 paid preorders once I set up a preorders page
WHQ_BlackGoat says:
I can only estimate
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
I hope to have everything together by July so that preorders can start then
BWHQ_BlackGoat says:
after that, only Hell knows

Sigh... i doubt he can get 200 preorders.

So what happens if it takes him two fucking years to get 200 pre-orders? The people who order it the first day just have to sit and wait?

I'm listening to the bonus disc on the new Xasthur cd. Fifty minutes of extra material is an enticing bonus. The rerecording of "Trauma Will Always Linger" highlights the aesthetic difference between the new Xasthur and the prior period. Really much better a few years ago. That was a great song on Subliminal Genocide. I'll give him credit for mastering a feeling of sleepiness on the newer recordings. The acoustic drums allow him to play well behind the beat, giving the music an incredibly languid feel, which is the desired effect, I imagine.

On a related note, buy a fucking crash cymbal. Hitting the $10 Wuhan China at the end of every single fill absolutely ruins these newer albums for me. Just because no one else has ever done it doesn't make it a good idea. I'm tempted to mail Malefic a shit crash cymbal so that I'm not subjected to such a miserable try yet again. Really, a crappy sounding crash/ride would suit these last two albums just fine.

Also, tell me about Forgotten Woods.

I am in love with the new album but I own it on tape, could you possibly PM me a rip of the bounus disc? What else is on the bounus disc?

Finally, my friend burned me a copy of this album. Indeed, it
rules. The vocals are so ace.

Inquisition (Col) - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult

The vocals are evil and such but I wouldn't call it a great performance in that department. Great album though.