Black Metal.

118485.jpg

Is the production on this CD supposed to be terrible or do I just have a bad copy?

Can anybody recommend some bands/albums with female vocals similar to Elisabeth Toriser's on Nachthymnen? I think those are some of the best female vocals in black metal, and I love the way they complement the brutal beauty of the record.

The S.V.E.S.T. split with DsO is really good. Does the band sound like that otherwise? Those songs are pretty packed with quality melodic riffs. The awful editing takes away from it a bit. The band clearly couldn't even come close to playing the songs start to finish.

Schwärzung;8451532 said:
118485.jpg

Is the production on this CD supposed to be terrible or do I just have a bad copy?

You call that terrible production. Every instrument in that album is audible.

Fuck, Nyktalgia impress me in every way possible. Both s/t and Peisithanatos are nothing short of breathtaking.

The S.V.E.S.T. split with DsO is really good. Does the band sound like that otherwise? Those songs are pretty packed with quality melodic riffs. The awful editing takes away from it a bit. The band clearly couldn't even come close to playing the songs start to finish.

Yeah I actually like their part more than DSO's I think. That's a new direction for them though. Urfaust is way more brain-fry sounding and fuzzy and crazy than the more restrained, melodic approach on the split. Didn't really notice the editing though, what exactly do you mean?