Black Metal.

_vyrn_71566NECROMANTIAcrossing.jpg

1590-1.jpg

:lol:

I've never understood why Deathspell Omega were so good. I've tried to listen to it a lot but I am always bored by it. I think it's more me not getting it than them being a bad band though because of how many people with otherwise good taste are so into then.
Yeah, I mean, I now think of SMRC as one of my very favorite records ever, but I couldn't get into it at the time of its release. Something about those weightless yet fucking heavy guitars were just weird and impenetrable to me. It took the slightly more accessible Kénôse for me to find an angle that let my head into their particular space, and now there's no going back.

I imagine some people just don't like DsO and that's fine, but I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and accuse anyone who "hates" them of donning the mantle of a poseur.

249659.jpg

Dark Funeral - Angelus Exuro pro Eternus
Released Tomorrow! Can't fuckin' wait for this

My Funeral & Stigmata are both amazing, and I expect the rest of the album to be just as good.

Fuck, I need to put on Dark Tribe's In Jeraspunta - Die Rückkehr der Tollwütigen Bestie more often.

Whenever I do I'm like, oh right, this is one of the best black metal records ever. Fuck!

Fuck, I need to put on Dark Tribe's In Jeraspunta - Die Rückkehr der Tollwütigen Bestie more often.

Whenever I do I'm like, oh right, this is one of the best black metal records ever. Fuck!

pretty much. it definitely gets my vote for having some of the most unsettling riffs I've heard. Fucking awesome record.

IXXI is really mediocre. Assorted Armament is an okay listen for about 20 minutes or so. Black and roll should be limited to EPs only.

Since some of you guys probably are interested in dark ambient, I'm going to recommend Trist (Ger). I think his metal stuff is pretty interesting, but the Initiation album compares favorably to Leviathan's ambient album, but it doesn't feel quite so dark. It's more composed and has more range than Willenskraft, which is about 30 minutes of metal and 30 minutes of ocean sounds. Initiation is a fairly limited disc (500), but I don't think the band has a particularly large following.