Black Metal.

AshesofAngels.jpg

Not a bad surprise near the end of the year... Enjoying it well enough on the first spin.

I didn't know about that! I still bust out the s/t quite a bit.

The s/t of that band was good, iirc.

Currently digging Wolfshade's Evening Star.... Did anyone ever get this guy's second disc?

Aosoth rules.

I actually do have the second Wolfshade, but I don't know where I put it and I'm not sure if I listened to it. "Trouble"? I think. I'll find it and let you know if it's any good.

I've got Paysage d'Hiver and S.V.E.S.T. in daily rotation lately.

The former is just perfect music for this feeling of autumn coming to an end, a slight mist in the air, winter looming... The latter just seems to complement/contrast that well, with similar rawness but more of a fiery black metal + feverish psyche/kraut vibe that I love so much.

I've got Paysage d'Hiver and S.V.E.S.T. in daily rotation lately.

The former is just perfect music for this feeling of autumn coming to an end, a slight mist in the air, winter looming... The latter just seems to complement/contrast that well, with similar rawness but more of a fiery black metal + feverish psyche/kraut vibe that I love so much.

S.V.E.S.T. is really solid. I still have not bothered to listen to Paysage though.

Paysage d'Hiver is easily one of my favorite black metal acts in quite some time. absolutely solid, bleak and atmospheric music all around. I enjoy it more than Darkspace

More than Darkspace, eh? I suppose that means I should get on it.

As for Darkthrone, Hate Them is better than The Cult Is Alive, but that's all I've gotten to so far.

As for Darkthrone, Hate Them is better than The Cult Is Alive, but that's all I've gotten to so far.

I REALLY like "Hate Them". It was the album that made me want to learn more about Black Metal and Darkthrone's Discography. Most people seem to dislike it, though.

The one that followed it is also pretty good (Sardonic Wrath). If you enjoyed Hate Them, Sardonic Wrath should be a natural step further.