Black Metal.

If you can't afford to listen to the music you like and you download, you're fucking scum.

haha jk. I'm not a bourgeois shithead, and i feel that people that can't afford to buy everything they like should be able to hear it anyway. I'm sure eventually everyone will support the bands they like one way or another.

Exactly. I'll buy the stuff at some point, I simply can't right now.

I thought about it but that show is gonna be such a meat head idiot nazi clusterfuck.

edit: Ya Krig, I beleive HHR has the new Arckanum. Nvm, they only have the vinyl right now.

I download. I usually wait a while to see if the album either grows on me or if it has significant replay value. Then, depending on the outcome, I either delete it from my iTunes or buy the album.

That said, I have heavy epic black metal rotation going on in my car at the moment. Six discs:

Sear Bliss- Forsaken Symphony
Bornholm- March For Glory and Revenge
Draugnim- Northwind's Ire
Primordial- The Gathering Wilderness
Hellveto- Stos
Summoning- Stronghold

I download then buy T-shirts, hoodies, etc.
I'll buy the album if I really like the band.

Arckanum- Fran Marder

This release is pretty average. So far it is my least favorite Arckanum. There are some cool tracks and moments, but as a whole it just seems like run of the mill black metal that can be a bit to repetitive for its own good. Repetition is not a bad thing per se, but I found myself a bit bored listening to this album. It is not a bad album by any means, but after hearing the mp3's I don't think I am gonna buy this one.

I love that album! imo Kampen is the weakest of his first three discs. Antikosmos is for sure my least favorite overall. I think I'd rank them Kostogher > the new one > Fran Marder > Kampen > Antikosmos

d_t: yeah thanks man! I'll check it out. His first disc is good but really lacking in vision/sorta generic.

I agree that kostogher is the best one, but I grew really tired of the new ones, both.

In the albums defense, I am very tired and have been listening to music all night. I will be giving it another chance. Perhaps it will win me over.