Black Metal.

Burning through Sargeist, Antaeus, Infernal, Nightbringer, and Marduk now.

I actually remember trying to listen to Nightbringer a little while ago and thinking it was awful. I guess it just proves my theory that metal is like wine tasting. It's only after you've developed a taste for it that you can really appreciate its more extreme output.

Lunar Aurora is back after 5 yrs with a full-length called Hoagascht. Beautifully done work. The lyrics are in the "upper Bavarian dialect" what ever that implies. Songwriting is outstanding and ,of course, so is the atmosphere. Always thought they were one of the best black/metal bands. Another excellent piece of black/metal, the new Mgla called With Hearts toward None will also be released soon.

Andy posted a sample of the new Lunar Aurora on facebook a week or two ago. It sounds fantastic and different from Andacht. I'm stoked to check it out and the new Mgla

Going to Barther Metal Open Festival this year just like the last 5 years since it's only 200 km from where I live. And I must say they have an extremely nice lineup for a micro festival (less than 1000 visitors) this year!

These are the bands I will be seeing:

Inquisition
Alcest
Bethlehem
Forgotten Tomb
Imperium Dekadenz
Agrypnie
Riger
Wolfchant
Minas Morgul