Black Metal.

New Behexen:

And some less known newer Finnish black metal:

Förgjord (very raw and simplistic):

Black Feast (Beherit, Revenge, Blasphemy etc. worship):

Angelscourge (in vein of Dissection, Mörk Gryning, Dark Funeral etc.):

Kadotus (very Finnish):

Last edited by a moderator:
Black metal is the best music ever created. My personal favorite type is Depressive Black Metal.

My favorite black metal bands are: Darkthrone, 1349, Burzum, Enthroned, Gorgoroth, Inquisition, Naglfar, Merrimack, Ravencult, Watain, Gromm, Nokturnal Mortum, Lord Belial, Taake, Drudkh, Drowning the Light, Satanic Warmaster, Dark Fortress, Dark Funeral, Angantyr, Carpathian Forest, Behexen, and Waning.

My favorite depressive black metal artists are: Xasthur, Abyssic Hate, Suicidal Anorexia, Lamentations of the Ashen, Saol, Woods of Desolation, Astral Melancholy, Blutklinge, A Cloud Forest, Forgive Me, Gris, Hypothermia, Silencer, Life is Pain, Lost Inside, Velvet Cacoon, and Wintercult.

Of course, I like a lot of the symphonic black and progressive black stuff like: Ceremonial Castings, Agalloch, Deathspell Omega, Dimmu Borgir, Ihsahn, Keep of Kalessin, Shining, Throne of Molok, Bal Sagoth, Anorexia Nervosa, Old Man's Child, Mirrorthrone, and Emperor.

And thrash black and black death: Behemoth, Hellhammer, Belphegor, Marduk, Skeletonwitch, Melechesh, Bleeding Fist, and Goatwhore.

I'm really impressed by the new Panopticon, Kentucky. I think it's probably his best. The black metal tracks are really powerful and full of interesting twists and turns. There are also a bunch of straight up blue grass tracks, which are also really good. Sometimes the transitions between the two styles is a little odd and abrasive. I think he could of done a better job of blending the two elements, but that's really my only gripe with this recording.

Anyone else been listening to this? What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
What does everyone think of the new Enslaved song?

I for one am still fapping to it after countless listens. They just keep on getting better and better, you can't say that often about bands releasing their 12th album.

And thrash black and black death: Behemoth, Hellhammer, Belphegor, Marduk, Skeletonwitch, Melechesh, Bleeding Fist, and Goatwhore.

Sammy Duet of Goatwhore needs to front a black metal band. Listen to "My Name Is Frightful Among the Believers" from 1:30- 1:46 and 2:00-2:27. Fucking epic

I'm really impressed by the new Panopticon, Kentucky. I think it's probably his best. The black metal tracks are really powerful and full of interesting twists and turns. There are also a bunch of straight up blue grass tracks, which are also really good. Sometimes the transitions between the two styles is a little odd and abrasive. I think he could of done a better job of blending the two elements, but that's really my only gripe with this recording.

Anyone else been listening to this? What do you think?

I couldnt get into it. It sounded good on paper (love the two influencing styles) but what I heard on YouTube didnt stick with me, it sounded fucking retarded.

Really glad I finally got around to listening to this:

Aaskereia - Dort, Wo das alte Bose ruht.

This is not any kind of deviation or new take on black metal. It is just glorious, straight-up pagan black metal done right, and the production is pristine. (audible bass? WTF!)

It's on par if not superior to Axioma. AOTY contender for me.

Yeah I'm expecting nothing less than AOTY based off what we've heard so far. It seems its gonna be a mixture of the production style and spacey sounding progginess of Vertebrae (my favorite by them so far) and the heavy hooks of Axioma.

I can't say that I'm a huge BM fan, but I like some of it (Darkthrone, Immortal, Deathspell Omega, Mayhem, Satyricon and so on). One album that I think is truly terrific is Abyssic Hate - Suicidal Emotions. Could someone be so kind and give me suggestions on bands that play the similar style of BM?

Promotion video for the upcoming Shining album. One of the most disturbed persons within the black metal genre that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugE9YF3Vg6c&feature=youtu.be

yeah, he's a bit of a nutcase. but, IMO, that kinda makes him a great songwriter (in a way). look at silencer, that album they put out's a great, friggin' record and the frontman, supposedly, is, literally, mentally insane; supposedly he was institutionalized after that record came out.

God, Shining is one of the worst fucking bands ever. And what is with him eating that fake pussy?

Or am I missing something here? Is that video supposed to be a huge fucking joke?