Black Metal.

First listen. not bad. Not amazing either though as I would expect from this collaboration of musicians. Since we were on the subject of Gris and Sombres Forets was mentioned.

251752.jpg

who is that?

Copy image location.
Paste in google.
Click "Search by image"
"Miserere Luminis - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives" is the first link.

Not to be snarky, but this gets asked a lot and can be answered as quickly as it takes to draft up the message asking what it is (and without the wait)

Mort Divine thank you so fucking much for putting me on to Teen Cthulhu. Honestly it doesn't even belong in this thread but that band is fucking sick.

Copy image location.
Paste in google.
Click "Search by image"
"Miserere Luminis - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives" is the first link.

Not to be snarky, but this gets asked a lot and can be answered as quickly as it takes to draft up the message asking what it is (and without the wait)

Why don't you fucking faggots write the name instead? FAGGOTS!

In my case I figured everyone on this forum would know the albums. They usually do. I haven't posted anything too obscure. All you need to do is ask, as opposed to bitching.

let's make you happpy then and get back on topic. I posted this under ass-kicking albums but here it is, my album of the day. beautiful stuff.

Sombres Forets
Royaume De Glace

tumblr_mde0s40dK21r0tabpo1_1280.jpg

This thread has gotten far too low on the page so let's take a moment to appreciate how awesome this album will always be.

total-death.jpg

Eh, this album does nothing for me, no matter how much I listen to it. In one ear and out the other every time. Out of genuine curiosity, what is it that you thinks makes this album so awesome?

New Portal album next year.

Avantgarde Aussie death metal quintet Portal have confirmed they will be releasing a new album on February 19.

The as-yet-untitled follow-up to 2009′s critically acclaimed ‘Swarth’ will feature new member Omenous Fugue on bass.

Hm, that does suck. A quality band, although the only release of theirs I ever owned didn't really "click" with me, but I realize now that I probably didn't give it enough attention when listening. I do wonder, however, what they meant by saying "we feel Lunar Aurora is out of touch with the times"...

What does being "in touch with the times" have to do with making quality music? They experimented on their albums and developed their own style, which can be a huge asset in a genre of metal that sees more than its fair share of imitators and those who mistake bad production and absence of any variation for atmosphere and minimalism, respectively. I really hope they are not implying that not sounding like whatever flavor-of-the-month band is currently 'hip' was a factor in their decision to call it a day?

Given that the entire statement was either poorly translated or that their english simply isn't very good, I wouldn't spend too much time reading into it.