Black Metal.

ive only heard smrc and kenose. hardly the revolutionary band a lot claim them to be.

Though Hirilorn is evidence enough that the guys can play stellar black metal. unfortunately they chose the wrong path

Hirilorn was indeed awesome. Better output than anything I've heard from DSO thus far.

Eternal Majesty from France plays some of the best melodic black metal around. Can't stop listening to this album. Kind of does everything right like Sargeist's 'Let the Devil In'. Dat bass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to ask you about this in the NP thread, glad you posted it here.

Been going through the last few pages and checking out links you fuckers have posted.

Really digging The Water Witch.

EDIT:
Prophet, this album is right up my alley. Good fucking rec!

Because it was too hard to assume i was talking about the ones ive heard. But lol away

Next time ill use pictures and smaller words

Zjenevi is my favorite, but Temple of the Underworld and Hell Symphony are strong as well. I'm not familiar with their later output.

This song is killer:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can vouch for Zjeveni and Hell Symphony as well. I don't think I've heard any of the others though. I need to remedy that.

Also, the pre-SMRC (and the Manifestation compilations) are the best thing DSO's ever done.

Pre-SMRC DSO is quality Darkthrone worship, nothing more, nothing less.

SMRC is one hell of a transition album.

Post-SMRC DSO is some of the most profound extreme metal of the 21st century, with a brilliant merger of aesthetics, technicality, composition, and philosophical vision. Records like Fas and Paracletus are total works of art. If you don't get them, it's your loss.