Black Metal.

I know it's no surprise that I have a different opinion from y'all on the Krallice discog, but this is where I'm at on all the albums.

Krallice - Still their best. Perfect balance of noise, math, buildup, and epicness. There's some unforgettable riffing on this record.

Dimensional Bleedthrough - Starts and ends strong, but the middle is largely unfocused and noisy.

Diotima - Epic throughout, with a single track diverting from said epicness. Excellent riffing. Rhythmically innovative.

Years Past Matter - Largely unfocused and unduly noisy.

Ygg Huur - A return to form. Awesome stuff, didn't get bored at any point. Really impressed with the drum work.

I'm thinking this new Mgla beats the last overall, as it has way more cool riffs, but it lacks that one album making super awesome boner making song the previous had (i.e. whatever number the last track is).

Best build up I can think of in black metal without resorting to the whole post-rock thing. Awesome live.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's no surprise that I have a different opinion from y'all on the Krallice discog, but this is where I'm at on all the albums.

Krallice - Still their best. Perfect balance of noise, math, buildup, and epicness. There's some unforgettable riffing on this record.

Dimensional Bleedthrough - Starts and ends strong, but the middle is largely unfocused and noisy.

Diotima - Epic throughout, with a single track diverting from said epicness. Excellent riffing. Rhythmically innovative.

Years Past Matter - Largely unfocused and unduly noisy.

Ygg Huur - A return to form. Awesome stuff, didn't get bored at any point. Really impressed with the drum work.

Disagree, but good summary!

Just got this tape, fucking barbaric!

Mysophilia's Atomik Hatefukk.

14J46q9.jpg

Going through shit I haven't listened to in a while and stumbled upon this USBM gem...

and then it takes an abrupt turn at 4 minutes

My favorite song with Krallice:

(get a Youtube-icon for posts, will ya)

Daudi Baldrs and Hlidskjalf fucking rule.

I meant the ones that come after those are terrible. Like honestly after the album Fallen, a lot of his newer material is just blah.

@unknown, that track wear killer! nice outro too

New Mgla is incredible. I haven't given Krallice a fair chance, but I have seen them live and wasn't that into it. But sometimes some live bands do that to me, even if i like em on cd. In terms of that NYC BM scene, my favorite band in that is Anicon and they slay live.

The new Mgła is genius. Amazing riffcraft and songwriting. The lyrics got a lot snarkier since his last album and I love it. He sounds like he'd be a cool guy to hang out with.