Black Metal.

I dunno it does take some time to get used to the production, but I think once you do its even better than a lot of albums out there.

Looks like I need to check out Krieg soon...

From there myspace influence section.
If you're looking for those influences in Krieg, you're more likely to find them if you work backwards from the most recent releases. Also try N.I.L., which has an interesting cover song.

The later Krieg releases are not very abrasive at all for black metal. I really like when Krieg plays the mid-paced songs, since they are one of the few bands that can play mid-paced without completely ripping off Burzum.

I want to say Wrest is also pretty into that new wave stuff. I think he was going to have a Joy Division cover on the Nachtmystium/Leviathan split.

I dunno it does take some time to get used to the production, but I think once you do its even better than a lot of albums out there.
That's the exact same thing that everyone who mentions Krieg says. I'm not against abrasive, but it's like the album has nothing interesting to offer behind that wall of noise and I did listen to it quite a few times.

I can see holding that attitude about Destruction Ritual, but the Black House has some very cool parts that are definitely audible.
Maybe I judged it too harshly based on the aural insanity of the predecessor and should have given it more time to soak in, but I don't feel like redownloading it.

Anyone else like Black Metal, im into the more popular bands such as 1349, Darkthrone, Dark Funearl, Gorgoroth and Dimmu Borgir.
I'll never forget the night I saw 1349 live in manchester, one of the best gigs ever, and when Enslaved were on the lead singer looks straight at me and gives the horns which was wicked.
Theres just something about Black Metal that makes it unique from any other genre, and I'd probobally be lost without it.

:lol:

I'm not a big black metal fan, but I like some artists.

One of my favorite bands are Samael. Their early music were black metal. I'm into most of it, but not all of it. I like their mixture of black- and dark metal. Man, I so love it.

If you're interested in listening to what I'm talking about, you should totally buy the Ceremony Of Opposites. Great music.

I'm not a big black metal fan, but I like some artists.

One of my favorite bands are Samael. Their early music were black metal. I'm into most of it, but not all of it. I like their mixture of black- and dark metal. Man, I so love it.

If you're interested in listening to what I'm talking about, you should totally buy the Ceremony Of Opposites. Great music.

None of us know about Samael.

Yeah, my favorites are Ceremony Of Opposites and Worship Him. Blood Ritual and Passage are good too. Eternal has some good songs.

I really like the lyrics on Ceremony Of Opposites. Not because they're "God hating", but I just like them. I actually laughed the first time I heard To Our Matyrs.

"I spit at your god's face
I piss on the cross
I vomit on the holy bible
I shit on the blessed whore and her bastard son
"

I just think it's so hilarious. Haha.

1. Ceremony of Opposites
2. Eternal
3. Blood Ritual
4. Passage
5. Worship Him
6. Reign of Light

Haven't heard Solar Soul yet, but it would likely dwell near or at the bottom of the list.