Black Metal.

Wikipedia said that Marilyn Manson got him to work on a music video or something too...points to Manson there...

Yea. I really like his Interpol video. Regardless of me being a devoted fan of theres. The video really shows E. Elias Merhige's skills on developing an interesting concept in a short amount of time.

Ive recently been getting into black metal, lookin for reomendations. Heres what i like so far:

Borknagar - s/t
Borknagar - The olden domain
Darkthrone - A blaze in the northern sky
Darkthrone - Transilvanian hunger
Deathspell Omega - SMRC
Dissection - The somberlain
Dissection - SoTLB
Emperor - ITNE
Emperor - Anthems
Ensalved - Vikingligr Veldi/Hordanes Land
Limbonic art - Moon in the scorpio
Limbonic art - The ultimate death worship
Ulver - Bergtatt
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal

My favourites from them are probly, ITNE, Nattens and Vikingligr Veldi if that helps.

Ive also heard a few songs by Bathory, Blut aus nord, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Immortal, Primordial and satyricon

Yes agreed. It's growing on me. It has the same violent beauty that Hate Forest's Purity has, but with more warmth, and great texture. The vocals took me a few minutes to get over, but now I like it. The album has a slightly dreamlike characteristic.

Nothing new - but definitely good.

I'm currently really enjoying The Ruins of Beverast - Unlock The Shrine right now. I will pick up the other album soon enough. This album is really backloaded, which makes it difficult initially, but it's finally clicking. The use of samples really seemed odd at first, and some of them simply do not work, but others (The Mine) are tremendous, and contribute to the whole greatly. The overall feeling is obscure and atypical of most black metal. What somewhat holds back the release is a reliance on ambiance and a lack of riffs. This is an 8/10 from someone who is conservative on such a scale. Recommended. I really look forward to hearing Rain Upon The Impure.

I've been meaning to bring this up for a little - what are people's reactions to Estrangement here?

How do you folks feel about it... Satisfied, annoyed? I know since SOGAS, people have been somewhat "concerned" and then others became even more annoyed with the Anti-Urban EP (I actually liked both releases).

Thoughts?

I think Estrangement is a pretty good album. It suffers a lot from the production though. I just think that Drudkh's style fits a lot better with the fuller sound that was featured on Blood in our Wells. Yet, on the other hand there are some really great moments like the solo in 'Skies at our Feet and of course the closing 'Only the Wind Remembers my Name.' So, even though it's not their best material I still find it enjoyable.

I'm currently really enjoying The Ruins of Beverast - Unlock The Shrine right now. I will pick up the other album soon enough. This album is really backloaded, which makes it difficult initially, but it's finally clicking. The use of samples really seemed odd at first, and some of them simply do not work, but others (The Mine) are tremendous, and contribute to the whole greatly. The overall feeling is obscure and atypical of most black metal. What somewhat holds back the release is a reliance on ambiance and a lack of riffs. This is an 8/10 from someone who is conservative on such a scale. Recommended. I really look forward to hearing Rain Upon The Impure.

I have Rain upon the Impure and i would have commented more or less the same way.
I have not been able to really get into it so far though.

anyone here familiar with Master's Hammer? they were adamn fine band from the Czech republic and their 'Ritual' and 'The Jilemnice Occultist' are phantastic