Black Metal.

I just kind of discovered Blut aus Nord's Memoria Vetusta 1.
I bought it like a year ago and first discarded it because i thought that it is a blatant Ripoff of early Enslaved.
Now i am thinking that it is nevertheless some of the most beautifull music i have listened too. The melodies and riffs are so evocative and hypnotic and the atmospheres so immersive that i can look over the rather lacking originality.

I still wonder how nobody in the reviews i read ever noticed this and how some even explicitly praise the originality of the album.

I just kind of discovered Blut aus Nord's Memoria Vetusta 1.
I bought it like a year ago and first discarded it because i thought that it is a blatant Ripoff of early Enslaved.
Now i am thinking that it is nevertheless some of the most beautifull music i have listened too. The melodies and riffs are so evocative and hypnotic and the atmospheres so immersive that i can look over the rather lacking originality.

I still wonder how nobody in the reviews i read ever noticed this and how some even explicitly praise the originality of the album.

Vikingligr Veldi is kind of a sleeper hit BM album, not too many people think of it when thinking of classic 2nd-wave black metal records I guess...anyway, awesome album. Part 2 should be good.

still never managed to get into vikingligr veldi at all. nightside i quite like but it's still horribly produced. transilvanian hunger rules but it's only my third favourite darkthrone.

On the topic of Enslaved, how's Mardraum?

I love it. Keep in mind, however, that it's not typical black metal by any means, if it's even black metal at all. They employ a lot of death metal, and there's also something resembling a psychedelic influence on certain tracks, not unlike what Nachtmystium did on Instinict: Decay. It's cinematic as fuck, though, and it's also probably my favorite Enslaved album. Highest possible recommendation.

EDIT: The best Darkthrone, by the way, is Under A Funeral Moon by a long shot, with A Blaze in the Northern Sky as a very close second.

The Enslaved I'll probably get first is Eld. I really like the title track off of it. Now I'm listening to Vikingligr Veldi on Itunes, it
s very good so far, very varied, I dont own the VV CD yet though, ohiogrinder sent it to me via AIM a couple months ago.

I love it. Keep in mind, however, that it's not typical black metal by any means, if it's even black metal at all. They employ a lot of death metal, and there's also something resembling a psychedelic influence on certain tracks, not unlike what Nachtmystium did on Instinict: Decay. It's cinematic as fuck, though, and it's also probably my favorite Enslaved album. Highest possible recommendation.

Excellent. It's on my list.

Amesoeurs will split after album is released.

Posted on their Myspace:

After this stormy conflict within the band we finally found an agreement and decided to record the album as planned. Then, Amesoeurs will split-up.

In regard of all what happened we will be even more dedicated to the achievment of this album. Because this will be the first and last one, it must be memorable.