Black Metal.

It's their best one.

Far more coherent than Fas. Catchier than SMRC. I think this is the peak of technical black metal, that I'm aware of. In my top 5 or 10 BM releases.

It's more similar to the Mass Grave Aesthetics and Diabolus Absconditus tracks than any other releases they've done. I prefer Kenose to those two, but MGA is an outstanding song.

Really cool album.

Speaking of USBM, here's a cool article a friend sent me: http://www.believermag.com/issues/200807/?read=article_stosuy

And, as Blake Judd of Nachtmystium told me: “I just feel that those bands are marketed for what has happened outside of the music, not so much involving the music. Like ‘Oh, church burning and murder and [Gorgoroth vocalist] Gaahl kills or tortures guys,’ but the last Gorgoroth album was weak as shit. Who cares what he does, if he’s a criminal? There’s guys selling crack in Chicago that are scarier to me than that guy.”

:lol:

So I got Vuotare's 'Dysphoric Undertones' because it was mentioned in this thread (I think), and its really very, very average. I still need to give it another listen before I press del.

And, as Blake Judd of Nachtmystium told me: “I just feel that those bands are marketed for what has happened outside of the music, not so much involving the music. Like ‘Oh, church burning and murder and [Gorgoroth vocalist] Gaahl kills or tortures guys,’ but the last Gorgoroth album was weak as shit. Who cares what he does, if he’s a criminal? There’s guys selling crack in Chicago that are scarier to me than that guy.”

Blake is a criminal too since he steal money with his label and judging from his new pic, he sure looks scary.

So I got Vuotare's 'Dysphoric Undertones' because it was mentioned in this thread (I think), and its really very, very average. I still need to give it another listen before I press del.

maybe you aren't much of a drone fan? I like the album because it's a very cool mix of black metal and drone. Maybe you should give it more of a chance because it's certainly not "average". I don't know many bands at all who play that kind of mix. I think it's a lot more interesting than most ambient type black metal.

The article provided a lot I already knew but it had plenty of new insights. It could have focused more on USBM rather than the whole Varg muder affair.

I was thinking that.

I just find it so amazing that it might be true that other genres of music can be so diverse and malleable as Black Metal. I see Black Metal fused with almost every other genre of music, it's hard to believe that any other genre can possess such a quality.