Black Metal.

So, Stutthof's And Cosmos from Ashes to Dust is pretty fucking awesome. I hadn't listened to it since it was released, but I've been going through my collection listening to a lot of modern Black Metal, deciding what is worth keeping, and this surprised the fuck out of me. 'Crossing the Ninth Gate to the Kingdom of Shadows' is absolutely brilliant.

I've been looking forward to Ofermod's first full length since it was announced in 2006. It leaked a couple of weeks ago, and it's sadly rather disappointing. Only eight tracks, two of which are atmospheric/instrumental pieces that don't really add anything to the overall listening experience, and a re-recording of "Khabs Am Pekht" means that it's only got five new songs. And none of those are as good as the material on "Mysterion Tes Anomias". Oh well, pretty decent album nevertheless, but I'd hoped for a masterpiece.

I've been looking forward to Ofermod's first full length since it was announced in 2006. It leaked a couple of weeks ago, and it's sadly rather disappointing. Only eight tracks, two of which are atmospheric/instrumental pieces that don't really add anything to the overall listening experience, and a re-recording of "Khabs Am Pekht" means that it's only got five new songs. And none of those are as good as the material on "Mysterion Tes Anomias". Oh well, pretty decent album nevertheless, but I'd hoped for a masterpiece.
What are you on about? Tiamtu is easily the best album out of Sweden since "Far Away From the Sun", would be album of the year were it not for "Advent Parallax", and, yes, much better than their classic EP. And, really, there's only one filler song (Topethian Cleansing).

I got hold of Immortal's Live at Graspop 2008 DVD, and it's fucking brilliant. Totally brings back the memory of seeing them earlier this year, was an awesome gig.

Anyone else see them this year, or anyone else seen this DVD yet? Highly recommended, an excellent show.

Also, Hubsie - thanks for the Zavorash, - they're pretty good. Music with its own strong personality, you know.

No probs :) ... let me know if you want a 320k and I'll get one ready.

I also have the new Taake to get through as well...

God.... new Lifelover, new Taake, new Darkthrone, plus an Immortal DVD all in one week. Life is tough!

Also - unfortunately I have to say that I haven't taken to the new Raventale too well. The first release was fantastic, but the second one is very mediocre. I hope he steps things up again for the third release, he's definitely one to watch out for overall...

Suddenly into them? so you have to study a certain album for months before liking a band? You don't have to feel threatened because someone else has started listening to a band you already know ;)