Black Metal.

Anyone pick up the latest Raventale? I remember Neurotica mentioning the album and the vocals are different as she stated, but the music remains top notch imo.

I have not listened to the first Raventale in forever. I really liked it for a bit, but then I just sorta stopped listening to it. How are the vocals? I liked the style on the first album, the deeper tone went well with he music.

I have not listened to the first Raventale in forever. I really liked it for a bit, but then I just sorta stopped listening to it. How are the vocals? I liked the style on the first album, the deeper tone went well with he music.

They are not the same. They are raspier, higher pitched and at times seems whispered, they do not compare to the original style. None-the-less, the music still holds its value.

Yes, and it's nice to see you hear Allfader, I usually just see you on the Borknagar forum.
I don't find new Satyricon to be monotonous and boring, it's very good.

It's ok that you like the new Satyricon, but their older material (until Nemesis Divina at least) is FAR better and true classic among the black metal history and that is a undeniable fact.

Just hear the amount of riffs before volcano on each song. Satyr now does 2 boring (IMO) riffs and that's all for a song.

The latest Enslaved offering has grown on me. At first it thought it was just going to be like Ruun (not necessarily bad) but Vertebrae is becoming one of my favorite Enslaved albums. They've definitely strayed even further from their past, but what they did with this album made, at least, me happy.

My god, the satyricon video was so bad... I can't believe I once loved this band back in the 90s.

Also Rebirth of Nefast > Darkspace.

The latest Enslaved offering has grown on me. At first it thought it was just going to be like Ruun (not necessarily bad) but Vertebrae is becoming one of my favorite Enslaved albums. They've definitely strayed even further from their past, but what they did with this album made, at least, me happy.
Vertebrae has become one of my favorites to come out this year so far. Enslaved keeps getting better in my opinion.

Mathiäs;7796196 said:
I still haven't heard new Enslaved. I really wasn't that enthralled with Runn so I've been delaying the purchase

You should, the album went above my expectations.

Anyone fans/heard of Destruktor (Aus) and Shackles (Aus)? Both are pretty fucking excellent listens.

The new ENSLAVED is one of the best of this year for me.I keep listening to "Clouds" & "Ground" over n over again.I would say its better than RUNN.