Black Metal.

but seriously. to be fair hardly anyone can stand the vocals when they first approach BM, and he suggested there's a chance he could get into them. totally agree with aeternus. i think some good starters for people already into melodic stuff are:

aeternus - and so the night became
graveland - the fire of awakening
nokturnal mortum - goat horns
varathron - his majesty at the swamp
summoning - dol guldur

personally i fell in love with BM and BM vocals the first time i heard 'hvis lyset tar oss', but i know a lot of people who've struggled to do the same.

Thank you for actually reading my post :headbang: People telling me that I'm dumb for not liking the vocals or that I'm screwed didn't help much. I listened to Emperor's Prometheus and liked that...so where does that leave me?

Off the top of my head, here are some bands with vocals that are far from the stereotypical sound, and maybe on the more accessible side.

Aeternus
Clandestine Blaze
later Deathspell Omega
Drudkh
Hate Forest
Inquisition
Velvet Cacoon

Their demo compilation is also pretty cool. I hope they do another album soon.
They have an MCD coming out soon (the vinyl version will be released as a split with DSO).

Don't forget about their split with Inkisitor.

With a bad taste in "black metal". :p

:lol:

I listened to Emperor's Prometheus and liked that...so where does that leave me?

Listen to Ihsahn's The Adversary, you'll probably enjoy it. Don't forget Aeternus, though.

Since he likes Emperor's later prog-mix stuff I might like later Enslaved also. Maybe Ruun, Under The Lights, Isa, and Vertebrae?

That would be Below The Lights, sir.

i214sk.jpg

So I am listening to Armanenschaft - Psychedelic Winter and the record is certainly good and has a great amount of twisted Burzumic buzz and riffs but also a hint Darkthrone-isms here and there(def. in the vocal section) but I feel like the production is crippling to the music. The drums overpower the record and the buzz gets a bit too much.

BUT THEY HAVE THE BEST FUCKING BLACK METAL PICTURE EVER.