Black Metal.

Not sure if Lifelover are so fake really, atleast one of the members has been kept in mental hospital (only for a short while though I think) and I'm pretty sure they have quite alot of drug experiances.

That said I think they suck and are a totally worthless band. The lyrical style which is the only half-fun thing about them is just a blatant ripoff of Woods of Infinity anyway.

That said I think they suck and are a totally worthless band. The lyrical style which is the only half-fun thing about them is just a blatant ripoff of Woods of Infinity anyway.

Woods Of Infinity are also seen as a kind of joke band, at least it was when i went to high school. My big brother went to the same school at the same time as Ravenlord and apparently he is a really weird guy, among other things he sometimes used to come to school totally wasted.

Yeah WoI doesn't seem that serious really. But atleast they are quite original. Lots of their ideas are pretty bad though. :p
I've got an old fanzine written by them, they do indeed seem kinda weird, but they are pretty funny.

I am listening to Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam right now and Orlok's vocals are great on this album. Blood on My Lips (Silent Rose of Sin) being a wonderful example.

I listened to the upcoming Vreid album, "Milorg". I don't really care for the slower, melodic variety black metal but I'm sure others will enjoy it.

I must say I personally hate the production values though. I know this early, it's likely a promo...but it has that awful modern-style production to it, like that of a rock/pop album. It's a lot louder than it should be, it has that annoying extra layer of bass added to the sound and the drums sound like absolute shit in my opinion. :loco:

I always forget how awesome Chaos Moon is. I'm glad his new stuff is going to have a live drummer, because that was the only thing on his first two albums that really could have been improved.

I just gave Panzerfaust its first listen and I love it. But I still find it a very strange album, like they took Transilvanian Hunger, To Mega Therion and Det Som Engang Var and threw them into one bowl but not mixing them together.

Wow you never heard it before? Im shocked I thought you wouldve heard it a million times by now.

Panzerfaust is fucking brilliant. Superb. The more you listen to it, the more it becomes apparent just how fucking nekro that production is, Fenriz's drumming is groovy as fuck (see approx 1:00 into Beholding the Throne of Might, total class!), and Culto's vocal performance on this record imo stands as one of the most impressive throughout Black Metal. A must have record. :kickass:

The following albums are full of win:

folderny3.jpg

9776.jpg

Jeez there are some real fucking ignorant people in this world. From Code666's site:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING NEGURA BUNGET

We've been informed that Spanish and French police are investigating NEGURA BUNGET's European tour and that there are rumors about cancelling shows because the band is suspected of being Nazi sympathizers or ultranationalists... Well, this is ridiculous. We signed NEGURA BUNGET in 2000, we know the guys in the band quite well after 8 years of positive collaboration, and everyone who has had a chance to meet the band during their tours knows that NEGURA BUNGET is probably the most humble, talented, down to earth and friendly band in the whole black metal scene, where 90of the black metal bands speaks about violence, hate, satan or whatever is 'evil' or 'wrong. NEGURA BUNGET stands for humanity, nature and emotions. There is NOTHING in their music and lyrics about Nazism or fascism; they NEVER supported such organizations. There's an official statement about this in their website that is online since maybe 2002 and I really can't imagine how police can be so wrong - Emiliano Lanzoni - Label Manager Aural Music.