Black Metal.

Blood In Our Wells is actually my favorite Drudkh Album. I really like all Drudkh albums though, but imo is their most consistent work quality wise.

I hope their next album comes out soon.

I haven't heard Autumn Aurora yet, but I perfered Forgotten Legends to Blood in our Wells. Great stuff though. For some reason, I really want to dislike Drudkh, but I simply can't.

Even Estrangement is good. And don't forget Anti-Urban. For some reason it got trashed on M-A, because it came out maybe at the peak of the Drudkh hype, but the songs are cool, and in a fun twist, they sound good at 33 and at 45 rpms. The fast song turns into this cool folky-groovy thing. It totally works. I recommend everyone with that vinyl to try it.

Despite the flack on USBM, there is quite a lot of killer bands.
Just to name a few of the killer ones. Demoncy, Dagon, Ashdautus, Moat, Demon Sword (some of the most killer USBM I have heard in a while), Profanatica, and even the supposed hippy Wolves in the Throne Room (even though I their ideals are actually more BM than what others try to do with their craft). Wolves have some pretty decent stuff going.

Blood In Our Wells is actually my favorite Drudkh Album. I really like all Drudkh albums though, but imo is their most consistent work quality wise.

I hope their next album comes out soon.

It is my favorite as well for the same reason.

XSASweet said:
I downloaded darkspace III, holy shit is that some heavy fucking black metal. I need to listen to it again because all I remember from it is that it is extremely loud.

One of the best albums of 2008, hands down. It didn't click with me right away but after a couple more listens, I was smitten.

I think that whenever I listen to Darkspace I'm not listening to the same band other people who rave about them are listening to. I should try them again soon, I guess. Everyone says they're "heavy" and interesting and have such great riffs and ambient parts, but to me, Darkspace III just sounded like mediocre black metal with nothing special going on at all, after 2 listens. I was disappointed to put it mildly.

Anyone read the Interview Fenriz recently posted on myspace? I thought it was interesting to read that Transylvanian Hunger was written and recorded in a 2 week period.

I thought the same thing. Maybe I wasn't in the mood to 'get' it, but Darkspace is just generic. But I've thought that numerous time. I'll give 'em a shot again in das future.

I think more people need to check out Cobalt's Eater of Birds. f you like loads of riffs, battering drums and just angry and heavy as fuck black metal, you need to check them out. I can't wait for their new release this year on Profound Lore.

So how about some opinions on the new DsO song "Chaining the Katechon". Is anyone concerned about this progression? I quite like it, but it's even more challenging to someone's Black Metal comfort-zone than Fas. It's almost as if the band was influenced by Opeth in terms of song structure. I love the way the riffs flow with the percussion.