Black Metal.

Legacy of Evil is their worst. The only good from it is the possibility that they'll tour.

In Abhorrence Dementia is their magnum opus, the peak of complexity and creativity. It is the archetype of symphonic BM. Check out my review for it here: http://zephyrusblog.wordpress.com/2009/01/23/limbonic-art-in-abhorrence-dementia/

Aside from that, Moon in the Scorpio is an atmospheric masterpiece, and Ad Noctum is a quasi-industrial tour de force. The Ultimate Death Worship is decent, and worth it, but I don't really listen to it anymore.

hmm...how symphonic does it get? That's normally a big turn off for me, but I'm still interested in looking into it. Thanks for the link to your review, btw.

Oh, and the US band Panopticon is okay. People are going to go crazy over them like Wolves in the Throne Room before the end of the year since they're releasing a new album, but they're not really as good as people are going to insist.

Oh, and the US band Panopticon is okay. People are going to go crazy over them like Wolves in the Throne Room before the end of the year since they're releasing a new album, but they're not really as good as people are going to insist.

So Panopticon is the new USBM "it" band? Interesting.

Less than 700 listeners on Last.fm, so I'm pretty sure that they aren't really well-known just yet. They probably will be soon, like I said earlier.

I guess it's mainly the same 5 people raving about them (I believe RedArmada was one of them and he's way outspoken on last.fm iirc) then :p