Black Metal.

No one ever talks about Sorcier Des Glaces, magnifique! Granted the production on Snowland is really bad, and not in the normal way, but the sound goes up and down in a weird way. If you can get past that however, the music is splendid.

Except that I've mentioned Sorcier des Glaces numerous times and consider it to be some of the best Canadian bm ever but okay...

That De Magia Veterum track was cool, although way too short.

I like all the forest Canadians as well.

But the past few days I have dwelt into an old favourite of mine, Heimdalls Wacht. Perhaps they belong in the viking/folk thread but there are definitely black metal aspects in their music, so I'll just keep them here. I simply cannot get enough of their music and I cannot wait for the new album to arrive! The music is not easily comparable with anything else but expect epic tracks with long winding melodic riffs, nice guitar leads, violins, clean singing as well as rasps and a production that fully captivates the overall atmosphere of the Westphalen Woods!

All tracks are stellar, yet nothing beats their "Weltenbrand".

The heavy use of keyboards is a great addition. Along with Emperor, they're pretty much the only metal band I've heard that manages to include lots of synths while avoiding them sounding glued on.

Cythraul being the ANUS that he is has mentioned SdG a bunch of times. I found them via ANUS too. Emailed Wizard of the Ices 3 years ago in French saying I would like a copy of "Snowland" and they never got back to me. What's their second album called? I am left with no choice but to YARARRGG MATEYYY it. "Snowland" is delightful and is one of two albums I can think of that have that perfect wintry synthy atmospheric sound - the other being Vordven's "Towards The Frozen Stream" (not French Canadian)

Considering my hometown is not terribly far from Quebec, I should make a pilgrimage up there sometime when I'm back in North America.

Cythraul being the ANUS that he is has mentioned SdG a bunch of times. I found them via ANUS too. Emailed Wizard of the Ices 3 years ago in French saying I would like a copy of "Snowland" and they never got back to me. What's their second album called? I am left with no choice but to YARARRGG MATEYYY it. "Snowland" is delightful and is one of two albums I can think of that have that perfect wintry synthy atmospheric sound - the other being Vordven's "Towards The Frozen Stream" (not French Canadian)

Considering my hometown is not terribly far from Quebec, I should make a pilgrimage up there sometime when I'm back in North America.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...aps&field-keywords=sorcier+des+glaces&x=0&y=0

http://www.myspace.com/northwesterndarkness

big NW black metal festival...fucking two all nighters, i'm deciding which day to go to...any help? don't know many of the bands, i like ceremonial castings the most, been listening to them for a while. i'm actually maybe wanting to go to the monday show with goatwhore/ceremonial castings. that sounds way better than an all night BM show

Australian black metallers MHORGL have just released their second album 'Antinomian'. The album which was mixed and mastered by Aidan Barton at Sovereign Studios features 8 blistering tracks of black metal HELL, including a cover of Mr Crowley, a song made famous by Ozzy Osbourne.
If you like it REAL and INTENSE, check this out!

Antinomian-Cover.jpg

Tracklist:
Nocturnal Blasphemy
Kiss of Midnight
Iron Clad Destruction
Essence of Evil
Necrohatred (A Tribute to Darkthrone)
Subterranean Assault Beast
The Paean of Hangatyr
Mr Crowley

For more information and song samples visit their pages.
www.myspace.com/mhorgl www.mhorgl.com
DISASTER
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DISASTER
Visit DISASTER's homepage!
Find all posts by DISASTER